Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the plastic piece of trim in the cargo area. where the knob for the back hatch connects when you close it. on the bottom. when i was moving some stuff a piece of furniture got caught on it n pulled it out. the remaining piece had broken pieces on the bottom ( which go into the frame and hold it there) and was twisted to hell. i need a new one. anyone know the part number or where i can order it from?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You may need to include a year and model in your post.
A picture of what you need never hurts to narrow thing down.
The way the latch is exposed it's a pretty easy target for heavy item being lifted in and out. I've put grease on more than one or two items unintentionally. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm looking for part # 7 in the above link but for an 2004 Escape. Can't find the part number on any of the Ford sites. I see the scuff plates for the 4 doors, but not the liftgate.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know what your talking about. The tabs can break off the skid plate and stay stuck into the metal frame. I would get some pc7 or pc11 it's and epoxy paste that you can mix. I would scratch up the plastic on the bottom and put a dab of the two part paste on each broken tab then tape it down for 24 hours until its set up. Either that or just buy the piece at a salvage yard. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.