Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I just purchased the Sony PlayStation Move to go along with my PS3. Tonight, I finally had a chance to play the game Sports Champion that comes with the PS Move bundle.

The game Sports Champion is a little hokey but the PS Move controller is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game is similar to Wii Sports but with different games, Disc Golf, Beach Volleyball, Gladiator Duel, Table Tennis, Archery, and Bocce Ball.

I played 10 matches of Disc Golf (playing golf with a frisbee) with a record of 8 - 2 and my shoulder is tired. I did not play any of the other games. I did practice table tennis (I suck just as bad at it as I do at ping pong!!!! :lol: )

I will update this thread as my body permits me to play more of the sports.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:clap: :yahoo: :clap: Thats the one with the big ball on the tip of the controller right? Can that be taken off??? The wife wants one,,,, ok I want one too, but its cool I have a PS3 anyways

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oskerb said:
:clap: :yahoo: :clap: Thats the one with the big ball on the tip of the controller right? Can that be taken off??? The wife wants one,,,, ok I want one too, but its cool I have a PS3 anyways
Yes, Osker, the PS Move controller is the one with the big ball on the tip of the controller. No, it can not be removed as it lights different colors depending on what is happening in the game. :beer:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a chance to play the archery portion of Sports Champions. Two words! I suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst:

It will take me some time to get used to the motions required to do the actions required to shoot the arrow successfully.

More later.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got to play Bocce Ball last night. I found out I play a pretty mean game of Bocce.

Next is Beach Volleyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst: That should be interesting.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to try out a different game to see how the PS Move Controller worked with it.

I tried Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible game. It is just like playing golf on the golf course.

I played 9 holes at TPC Sawgrass golf course.................................

and shot a 60!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst: Goodness I stink at playing golf!!!!!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liz and I invited some friends over to play more Sports Champions. We did archery and Gladiator Duel and had a blast.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Our family purchased a PlayStation 3 with Rock Band 2 for Christmas 2009 as the nephews & nieces got my daughters hooked on that game.

I enjoy the Blu-Ray disc player, and the ability to stream content (photos/music/videos) from my Macintosh computer to the PS3 for playback on the TV (I typically copy to the PS3 hard drive to avoid lag). I've added EA's NHL 2010 since purchase, (and an extra guitar for Rock Band), but other than that we have not built-up much of a games library.

However, the Move may be our next addition this Christmas. It looks great, and my daughters do enjoy playing on the Wii at their friends' homes. Nice to see the same abilities/features arrive on the PS3 (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery), and we look forward to trying out some of the same titles already mentioned (I'm especially interested in the golfing).

:rockon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts