Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Please Help with Idle...

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Squishy 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2001 escape v6, when I press the gas pedal it accelerate fine but then the rpm's are slow coming back down to normal. I cleaned the throttle body but still does the same. Even when in "park" I rev (accelerate) the engine and goes up fine but then it kind of stay high for a fraction and start going back to normal idle slowly.

I hope Im explaining my self right. Any ideas? Could it be the IAC?

Discussion starter · #2 ·
??? Anyone? So I replaced the ICA, cleaned the throttle body and Maf sensor and still.... again, when I rev up the engine it's really slow to come back to normal idle... anyone have any idea what could be?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Ok, So I just did something else... when I disconnect the plug from the IAC it rev perfect... so WTH? But the IAC is new, I connect the plug and start doing the same thing. ????

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I know, Thats what I read, but when you disconnect it actually rev perfect...weird....It actually idle good but when you rev the engine its really slow to come back down to normal idle... oh man, I have no idea what else to try..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.