Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if some/all of this is dumb questions but I know nothing and need to ask about all of it.

I've got a 2022 SE coming around 7/10. I've got an iPhone XS. I've never used Carplay. I've never used a podcast. I want to get the CarTalk podcasts.

Once I connect the phone and SE by bluetooth does it automatically connect Carplay whenever I get in the car?

Are podcasts something that can be played in the car via this connection? If so, how?

To sign up for the podcasts it initially gives me choices of
Is there any one I should really choose or really avoid? Once I sign up with one of those 5 I presume it will tell me how to get the podcast I want?

Thanks for any and all help and advice on this.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
You need to plug the phone into a cable connected to one of the USB cables to use CarPlay. Yes, you can do podcasts that way on the CarPlay screen. I think for the ones I tried out it was the "Now Playing" app.

You can just connect via Bluetooth, I don't know what app might work, I use my Android phone like that from time to time, sometimes it shows Pandora, other times just the name of my phone and a generic control.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,729 Posts
If you connect your iPhone via Bluetooth, it doesn't take advantage of Apple CarPlay. You need to use the USB cable connected to the Lightening port on your phone. There are some manufacturers that will allow wireless Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the responses. I'm going plan B. I'll listen to CarTalk on my computer direct from their site and not have to figure out all the extra stuff. And I'll just use my phone with bluetooth to the car like I did in my prior car. I've already got that one down pat. :) Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts