Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not quite, but we could see the fireball from the gas explosion.
However, a good friend of ours, who is a Traffic Police officer, was involved in the incident, had been after this gang of youths for months, they (Unproven in a court of law) had been linked with the theft and joyride/crashing of at least 75 cars, before this incident occured, and just to empasise, the Police had only been following the car for less than a minute when the accident occured, it swerved to avoid a police roadblock which had been set up 8 minutes earlier.
We used to live in Laisterdyke, when we had a Subaru Impreza, that car was attempted to be stolen twice in the 5 months we lived there, and was vandalised once.
Its an area of high unemployment, and social depravation, for want of another word, its descended into a ghetto

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Meh, good riddance. I feel sorry for the owner of Killinghall Fisheries.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Wow !! I guess it's like you said, they won't be stealing anymore cars. I hate that something so tragic had to happen and I feel bad for their families having to deal with such destructive behavior while they were alive and now dealing with their passing.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Glad no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squishy said:
Meh, good riddance. I feel sorry for the owner of Killinghall Fisheries.
Yep, it was the best fish and chip shop for miles, was that one..............

They were well know for the blackboaard placed outside the shop showing "Frying tonite", bet it won't show that again.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Dasha said:
Ditto. It seems around here the thieves get away and someone innocent always gets hurt or killed. A couple of months back a guy stole a Mercedes in the town next to mine. He hit a Honda Accord so hard that it was ripped in half killing a 10 year old girl and seriously injuring a 14 year old boy. Here is a link to that article:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/norther ... crash.html

The car thief was fine except for a few bumps and bruises...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Wow, that's sooo sad!!! :(
Those pics are crazy!!!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Dasha said:
Ditto. It seems around here the thieves get away and someone innocent always gets hurt or killed. A couple of months back a guy stole a Mercedes in the town next to mine. He hit a Honda Accord so hard that it was ripped in half killing a 10 year old girl and seriously injuring a 14 year old boy. Here is a link to that article:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/norther ... crash.html

The car thief was fine except for a few bumps and bruises...
OMG, that is awful ! :(

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello Camus and Squishy. My apology if this sounds cruel, but i don't have the time of day for social misfits. At least no bystanders were harmed. There was a time in my youth, when i thought karma was superstitious nonsense. Well it appears the car thieves self negativity reflected back upon them, and so henceforth they met their destiny.

That is definitely sad and tragic, about that young lass in new jersey. So that thieving scumbag only had minor injuries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts