Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres the deal. I bought my first escape about 5 months ago and still owe about 6k on it.
heres the specs
2004 xlt 3.0 4wd
cloth seats, pretty clean inside and out
97K miles

the dealership i work at has just got a
2003 xlt 3.0 4wd
like new leather seats, sunroof, super clean all over
new conti pro tires
72k miles
http://www.lithia.com/index.cfm?action= ... D=17857688

heres the question do you all think that its worth trying to trade for a car two years older but with more options and 25k less miles.
the list price for the 2003 is 11,000 I could get it for closer to 8500-9000k

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
You'll probably be trading top heavy and for a older vehicle. I wouldn't consider that a good move. What's your motivation for wanting to trade?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would say, get a carfax, make sure all is as good as they say it is and see if they will throw in a guaranteed extended warranty for the extra money you'll be paying. But in the long run it's going to be what makes you happy.
It's like being a 16 yr old again when looking at new cars...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If your car is the white one in the picture then its an 01-04 Escape, be cause of the wheels, headlights and bumpers. Im assuming that its the one your talking about because it has no sunroof. So its only one year older. I would switch for 25k less miles. and newer condition with extras.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
the 03 Blue escape is the same interior as mine. sunroof, silver trim, and two tone gray leather. Get It. My only concern is that I bought my 2004 Escape XLT 4wd in April of 06(year and half old) and with 40k on it. Same exact engine and interior with new tires and only paid $11,500. so the price is a little high I think you should sell your escape outright and see if you can get the 03 Escape for under $8,000.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is no way that a deal like that can be a benefit to you financially. Trading in a 2004 for around $6K, for an older 2003 for $9K. Means you will owe more than the 2003 will be worth. You will be upside down, and you will have to pay more interest.

Pay-off the 2004 as fast as you can. The car dealers are trying to sucker you in so they can take your money. Get as far away from this deal as you can.

·
Registered
324 Posts
KC5ZRQ said:
The car dealers are trying to sucker you in so they can take your money. Get as far away from this deal as you can.
:doh:

Just in case you missed this part of his post ;)

jw3s said:
..the dealership i work at has just got...
:D

As far as what jw was asking.....

Its a tough call, afterall YOU are the one driving it so its a question if you want to pay more for the 03 escape or not. I mean you will be happier with the 03 and dont mind paying more for it, then by all means, get it! On the flip side, Id sit on it for a few days before getting it(if you decide to get it) dont want to get into a habit of always looking for greener pastures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts