Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

Here's a quick and easy way to upload your pics to the site. You'll need a free picture-hosting service. My fave is http://www.photobucket.com, so these instructions apply to that service. If you already use another picture-hosting service, and you're not sure how to use it, reply here, and maybe someone here can help. Also, these instructions apply to Windows. I'm using XP with the "classic" interface (which looks like Windows 2000, not XP), so that's what you'll see here.

1) Register with Photobucket.

2) Upload your pictures. It's easy. Just click one of the three BROWSE buttons at the top of your album page.

3) A standard Windows dialog box will appear. Click on the picture you want to upload, then click OPEN.

4) Click the Upload button. Wait a few seconds while the picture is uploaded, then you'll see your uploaded picture in your album. Hint: you'll only see new uploads if you're on the first page of your album.

5) When you want to post or PM and include one of your Photobucket pictures, simply click once on the box to the right of IMG CODE, below the picture. You don't even need to copy it...the click does the copy, as you can see by the yellow COPIED box.

6) In your post or PM, click on where you'd like the picture to appear, then right-click and select PASTE (or hold down the [CTRL] key and hit V).

That's it!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
And if you have really BIG pictures, click the checkbox next to the ones you want to post and, at the bottom of the page, there is a long button that says "Generate HTML and IMG code". That will bring up a page of boxes and the one you want is "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards".

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Just as long as you don't post that picture of Borat :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
weebee said:
Just as long as you don't post that picture of Borat :D
Don't encourage him, weebee...

·
Registered
611 Posts
There's those letters again, Pb. or PPC or Pbbhp :| still sounds like a oral recreation drug than computer jargon, to me (the Master of Disaster) anyway....... :D I'll get the hang of this NEW, UP-Dated site yet.......... BTW, I just love these new smileys. Great Job PK

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just another code for a blizzard.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
MMMMMMmmmmmm!!!!!! BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
367 Posts
So, how's the new DQ, JP? How many Blizzards have you eaten so far?

Must be nice to have one near you. There used to be a DQ relatively close to us, but they closed down. :( We went in there one day when they were still there, but they were out of ice cream! How can you run out of something that is your main business? Maybe that's why they closed down. (Hey, there's no shrugging smilie.)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL!

Ours is great...it's only a block away, but it's only open March 1 through the end of October every year.

And I can't divulge the number of Blizzards I've consumed since opening day, mostly because of the possibility of mental incarceration.

:bill:

Aha...shrugging smily...lemme go hunt one down.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
PK is gonna get one of these: :spank:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Thank you for the photo instructions JPark. Yes i am quite comfortable with using the photobucket site. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
for some reason when i get the URL off of Photo bucket it will not let me post or uplaod my pics and then it says the URL is not valid???...??? and i tried saving the photo to my desktop and then it says the picture is too big basically....lol help please :pics:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Hi Brandon :hi:

Click directly under your picture where it says " IMG Code". Then all you have to do is paste into your post. :)

I hope this helps. Let us know. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I still say there should be an easier way to upload pictures to the site. Why is it necessary to have to go through a third party like Photobucket to upload pictures? It would be so much easier and faster to just upload directly from my computer. What would it take to add that feature to this site, JP?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Not many forums allow it. There are storage issues as well as bandwidth issues that go with hosting images instead of the mostly text-based content of the forums. If I remember correctly, JP hosts us on his business servers so we can't be sucking up all the bandwidth. Those images get downloaded thousands of times a day by members, guests, search engines, and archive sites.

However, there may be a plugin for the forum software that allows better integration with Photobucket. Anyone care to research?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts

testing how to post pics, guess i done it right.... :yahoo: heres my 2004 on a dirt driveway.. :lol:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Nicely done!! :clap:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just a suggestion for image hosting if you don't want to create an account on photobucket or some other site. I use http://imgur.com/ . It is a very simple image hosting service. Just upload the photo, and copy the BBCode text provided and paste it into your message. You can even drag and drop your images to upload.

It does have some drawbacks, but if you are just trying to throw a picture up, it is pretty easy to use.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts