Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 escape xlt and when i use my keyless entry or manually hit the lock button inside the car the lock on the passenger side front door will not pop up. It is getting power and i can see it twitch, but it will not pop up and down. I have searched here and cannot seem to find anything regarding this issue. My local ford dealer quoted me $500 with parts and labor, and the dealer i bought the car from wont help (big shock there) any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-Matt

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
it could be the actuator if its corroded or just defective. The acual peice that you see move on the interior could be broken. If you unlock the door with the key does the interior lock move like normal? if the plasic peice that moves is broken you should be able to move it by hand and it should feel loose. If it seems okay you should change the acuator. You can get the parts from ford or on the web.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My driver door will not lock with remote, but will lock with key, and everything else seems normal, is there an actuator coil that is perhaps bad or link, something I can fix. Anyone remove door skin before so I can look inside to see what is not working. Thanks.

Success to all,

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
AJC is right, also the accuator is not a hard fix. The hardest part is removing the door trim (thats not hard at all). The rest is fairly easy. Parts can be found online for cheap. You can find a ford oem or aftermarket, they will work the same. There are door pics around here somewhere, I am sure they will surface soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts