Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was getting a nice pleasing vibration while braking at speeds above 40mph. Been here before with other vehicles, so right off the bat I new I was doing a replacement, not a cutting. Picked up a set of Powerslot rotors from Autoanything and paired them with a set of EBC's Greenstuff pads. Install went smoothly, right after I figured out that you don't in fact have to remove the caliper guide bolts in order to take the pads out. Given that a 9mm allen key was no where to be found (shy of a trip to Home depot or Sears) I decided to see what's going on down there. You should remove the caliper clip howeever as it will releave the presure between the caliper anchor plate and the caliper itself which houses the pads. You may have to tap the pads to unseat them, but they come out fairly easily. Once all was replaced I took her out for a test ride. Pads must be seated and mine are just about right now after about 200miles or so. I highly recommend this setup as I just ordered another set for my other car. Feel free to shoot me any additional questions.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Awesome, any pics? I too have some new rotors and pads that I have been waiting to install.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't take any during the install, was too focused on finishing before the sun went down. I'll try and shoot something when I rotate in a few weeks. But basically, they look like normal rotors with the addition of some slots, and the pads are green. Had some minimal squealing in the beginning which seems to be gone now. They're grabbing really well and I'm extremely happy. I have used Powerslots in the past so I am familiar with there stopping power. THis is however the first time with the EBC's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry about the 12 day bump, but I was wondering with those brake pads is the actual pad face (part that does the stopping rubs on the rotor) green or just the edge (the way you judge the pad thickness)? Also how is brake dust generation from these pads?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts