Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to create this thread for those who need prayers for anything or support. This kind of topic was on another forum I used to be on and it was awesome to see those who care and pray or offer support in ones time of need. So feel free to post at will.

I'll start with Jim Saunders a career Firefighter for Sacramento Firefighter Saunders succumbed to a cardiac arrest injury that he suffered while operating at a structure fire on the Haggin Oaks Municipal Golf Course several days earlier. Age 52 Cause of Death Stress/Overexertion. Please pray for the family and the Department Family.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I'll join in on this and send out my prayers...

I know 2 people battling the big 'C' right now. One is one of the owners of the company I work for. She has a very rare brain cancer and the battle is really starting to take it toll on her and the company I work for. Because she's not out bringing in the work, things are starting to slow down noticeably in the office. From a personal and professional standpoint, this is a nightmare for us. The other is the mother of a co-worker who is fighting leukemia. She just had a bone marrow transplant but the chemo leading up to the transplant wasn't as effective as the hoped it would be. She's still got a major fight ahead of her...

To me, cancer is the worst thing out there. I know more people that have been affected by it than any other disease... Every day a pray for a cure or a major breakthrough...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobtRoma said:
I'll join in on this and send out my prayers...

I know 2 people battling the big 'C' right now. One is one of the owners of the company I work for. She has a very rare brain cancer and the battle is really starting to take it toll on her and the company I work for. Because she's not out bringing in the work, things are starting to slow down noticeably in the office. From a personal and professional standpoint, this is a nightmare for us. The other is the mother of a co-worker who is fighting leukemia. She just had a bone marrow transplant but the chemo leading up to the transplant wasn't as effective as the hoped it would be. She's still got a major fight ahead of her...

To me, cancer is the worst thing out there. I know more people that have been affected by it than any other disease... Every day a pray for a cure or a major breakthrough...

I know how bad cancer can be first hand my father pasted away 10-16-2003 of lymphoma. I will place them in my prayers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thought people would like it seeing all the different threads asking for prayer/support but I guess not.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Surf_City said:
thought people would like it seeing all the different threads asking for prayer/support but I guess not.
I honestly think that this thread is an excellent idea and I commend you for starting it. :clap: :clap: Be patient as it may take some a while to open up. I do know that in the past I have received a tremendous amount of support (from you very fine people :heart: ) when going through difficult times, and for that I am truly grateful. :heart:

Please pray for my mom who is still having a very difficult time since my dad passed away, June 1,2009. We are at a loss as to what to do.....she refuses to seek help. Mood swings are horrendous and she often takes out her anger on me, my sister, and also my nephew who moved in with her after dad died.
She can get downright nasty at times (soo unlike her!)and it hurts me very deeply and also has me very stressed out. I never know what kind of mood she is going to be in when I call her. She does not do this to my two brothers and I am confused as to why she has chosen just me, my sister, and nephew to bash.
We go along for a week or so and everything is okay and then bang! It starts again! I do know that these things take time.....I still have moments when I break down. I just want her to get past this.

Anyway, it was hard for me to write all that. I am normally very quiet in person and do not open up but to just a select few.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got it colleen

My mother went in to surgery for hernia repair. prayers appreciated.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Colleen said:
Surf_City said:
I honestly think that this thread is an excellent idea and I commend you for starting it. :clap: :clap: Be patient as it may take some a while to open up. I do know that in the past I have received a tremendous amount of support (from you very fine people :heart: ) when going through difficult times, and for that I am truly grateful. :heart:

Please pray for my mom who is still having a very difficult time since my dad passed away, June 1,2009. We are at a loss as to what to do.....she refuses to seek help. Mood swings are horrendous and she often takes out her anger on me, my sister, and also my nephew who moved in with her after dad died.
She can get downright nasty at times (soo unlike her!)and it hurts me very deeply and also has me very stressed out. I never know what kind of mood she is going to be in when I call her. She does not do this to my two brothers and I am confused as to why she has chosen just me, my sister, and nephew to bash.
We go along for a week or so and everything is okay and then bang! It starts again! I do know that these things take time.....I still have moments when I break down. I just want her to get past this.

Anyway, it was hard for me to write all that. I am normally very quiet in person and do not open up but to just a select few.
Surf_City said:
You got it colleen

I know is not easy to open up, however i do feel for all of you, hope things get better soon.

My father battled two C's, lymphoma and prostatic, luckily he beat both of them, he was truly a strong person. however the treatment took a toll on his health, and finally gave up (with a medium Alzhaimer) on october 8, 2005. Its has been hard sometimes, since my mom is getting old and her health is not what it used to be, so i've had to take on all the responsabilities of my home since i was 19. It took sometime, however things are looking better now, im getting married and ill take my mom with me :) .

ps: my mom still runs the house...just now she does everything through me :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Colleen, you and your family have been in my prayers since your father passed. I'm still hoping your mom will snap out of this funk she's in...

Surf_City said:
molanojuan said:
Just got home from the Hospital! Mom had a minor surgery, but everything is ok! :)
I hope both your mom's have quick recoveries!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My prayers are with all of yall :heart:

My mom, who has been through skin and breast cancer, recently had to get surgery on her colon. She is now home on bed rest and doing better. She is still encountering a lot of pain and cant do any heavy lifting for aprox. 3 months. My mom is one of those get up and go people so we are really hoping that she will just rest.
And as some of you know, my girlfriend is in the great lakes for navy bootcamp. It was very hard for her to leave her family and friends behind. Today would have been her first day and i hope that she is doing well.

Please pray for them

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
My compassion for all of those on here, experiencing grief and dillemmas.
At the moment my Dad shows symptoms of, the very early stages of senile dementia.
Some people have reported, his erratic driving to the local police.

A friend of my parents is in the " Traffic division ".
He indicated that my dad, might only have his car licence for another year.
The officer is quite aware, of my fathers early onset of " Alzheimers ".

Dear old mum, has never had a car licence.
So my brother and me, help her in any way possible.
Drive her around and help with the shopping. :heart:
I actually became emotional , plus teary eyed submitting this posting.

My granny had " Alzheimers ", before she passed away. :heart: :cry:
Mother is lightly absent minded, but very alert with her intellect.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your openness stone shows me what a great hearted person you are.I trully envy you for that.
Myself I go through some similar situation with yours.I test my strength, emotional and physical and at each day's end I feel proud that I stayed afloat.It is, for me that pride which gives me plenty of strenght for the day ahead.
I owe you a case of Foster's

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stone said:
My compassion for all of those on here, experiencing grief and dillemmas.
At the moment my Dad shows symptoms of, the very early stages of senile dementia.
Some people have reported, his erratic driving to the local police.

A friend of my parents is in the " Traffic division ".
He indicated that my dad, might only have his car licence for another year.
The officer is quite aware, of my fathers early onset of " Alzheimers ".

Dear old mum, has never had a car licence.
So my brother and me, help her in any way possible.
Drive her around and help with the shopping. :heart:
I actually became emotional , plus teary eyed submitting this posting.

My granny had " Alzheimers ", before she passed away. :heart: :cry:
Mother is lightly absent minded, but very alert with her intellect.
I will defiantly keep you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I currently am in need of as many prayers as I can get for my mother. Our relationship hasn't always been the best but things have started to get better. She has dealt with alcoholism and gambling. Things were going well until tonight. The rough just got a lot rougher. It kills me inside to see her world falling apart and knowing I can't do anything about it. I try my best not to take things too personal because I know it is the illness and addictions that are turning her into a person I don't even know anymore. The past two weeks have been extremely tough and I have no idea how I am even still functioning honestly. Any prayers and/or support will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ean-The-Escape said:
I currently am in need of as many prayers as I can get for my mother. Our relationship hasn't always been the best but things have started to get better. She has dealt with alcoholism and gambling. Things were going well until tonight. The rough just got a lot rougher. It kills me inside to see her world falling apart and knowing I can't do anything about it. I try my best not to take things too personal because I know it is the illness and addictions that are turning her into a person I don't even know anymore. The past two weeks have been extremely tough and I have no idea how I am even still functioning honestly. Any prayers and/or support will be greatly appreciated.
Will Pray for ya

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Thank you Brandon! :heart:

This weekend was tough, but I have realized how strong I am. I am trying to move forward and take positive steps in that direction. There are numerous things that I can't control and there is no use in dwelling over them. Just brush it off and concentrate on more important things.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
True to an extent... I don't know all the facts so it's hard to comment. Just know you and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers...

1 - 20 of 208 Posts