Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - so maybe an easy question for someone out there? The premium sound system is supposed to have 7 speakers. I easily count five - one in each door plus a subwoofer in the rear. Does anyone know where the other two are located?

Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Two tweeters, each side located at your side view mirrors next to the corner of the dashboard. At least in my '05, not sure of the '09's.

·
Registered
280 Posts
In the first and second generation Escapes, there were two 2" (or 2.5", don't remember) tweeters in the sail panels of the front doors. In the new Escapes, I think they use coaxial speakers in the front.

·
Registered
420 Posts
my 05 has 1 in each door, 1 tweeter each front door and the factory sub

·
Registered
139 Posts
An interesting question and one that I wanted to ask about my standard sound system as well. The brochure states that the truck has 6 speakers, so I can only guess that the front speakers are coaxial, as noted by The J.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does a coaxial count as 2 separate physical speakers? I was wondering the same thing (where the other 2 speakers are in my 2010's premium sound system). Back in the day when putting a pair of Jensen 6X9 coaxials in the back deck was cool, we never said we had 4 speakers. I wouldn't call it false advertising but when Ford said "7 speakers" I thought they meant 7 separate speakers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
it is 7 total speakers...1 sub, 4 doors and 2 A-pillar speakers (sail panel?)

·
Registered
50 Posts
In looking at a 2010 Escape, there were 2 speakers on the base of the dashboard, much like my last car, a 92 Camaro. So 2 in each door, sub in the hatch, and 2 on the dashboard. I could be wrong though. My 01 has 4 in the front door, 2 in the rear, and a sub.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mr hammond said:
it is 7 total speakers...1 sub, 4 doors and 2 A-pillar speakers (sail panel?)
That's true for the first and second generation Escapes. The speaker arrangement appears to be different on the newest generation.

KOD said:
In looking at a 2010 Escape, there were 2 speakers on the base of the dashboard, much like my last car, a 92 Camaro. So 2 in each door, sub in the hatch, and 2 on the dashboard. I could be wrong though. My 01 has 4 in the front door, 2 in the rear, and a sub.
That's good to know. Just out of curiosity, where on the dashboard were the speakers? I don't know why I care since I have an 02 Escape, but it might be helpful to know for people who want to upgrade the speakers in the 2010s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts