Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A teacher started something like this on our school email. She listed things she was thankful for. I think it would be fun to do one on here. :) Add as much or as little to the list as you would like!

1. I am thankful I signed up for EC in August. I have had the chance to talk with some amazing people and learn so much about Ean.

2. I am thankful for my full-ride scholarship and being able to work towards my dream/goal of becoming a high school teacher. I will be graduating with out any student loans.

3. I am thankful for every one who has been a part of my life, whether they are still in my life or were in the past. Each of them has played a part in my life and who I am today.

4. I am thankful for being able to work with students every day and make a difference in their lives. Some students have rough home lives and we are the only positive role-models in their lives.

5. Sounds silly, but I am thankful for my two kids (cats) Theo and Ginger. They always put a smile on my face and everyone around them.

6. I am thankful that my friends who are in the military are safe and grateful that I will get the chance to see some of them around the holiday season this year.

7. I am thankful for the good health of my family and I.

8. I am thankful I get to see my mom every day. Most kids my age are too busy and don't spend enough time with their mom in my opionion.

9. I am thankful to have the chance to work at a school and learn so much from some great teachers. I know I am making some life-long friends.

10. I will end it will I am thankful for EAN!!!! He is always dependable and has brought me to EC and all of the wonderful people here!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Feel free to add to the list!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'm thankful for my hubby, family, friends, and fur babies.

I'm thankful for my health.

I'm thankful to have a job I truly enjoy.

I'm thankful I live in America, especially the great state of TEXAS.

I'm thankful for my E-C family.

I'm thankful for coffee and chocolate...my Vitamin C.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I am thankful for my wonderful husband who I have been with since I was two months shy of turning 21. We have made it through many trying times (as well as good times :) ) and our relationship is stronger now than it has ever been. :heart:

We have been blessed with two great children who never gave us any of the major problems that some of my friends have gone through. Maybe it was because I was always one step ahead of them :shrug: I love them more than life itself and thank God for them every day! :heart:

I am thankful for my mom and the time I can spend with her. It has been very hard since my dad passed away and she has been very difficult to deal with at times. Seems like it is getting worse now that the holidays are upon us. But that is okay and I will take what she dishes out because she is my mom. :heart:

I am thankful for my friends, including those here at E-C. :heart: Friendship is a precious gift and should be cherished. True friends are hard to come by and are just like family. :heart:

I am also very thankful for Buddy and our little Paxton. :heart:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I am thankful for the friends, here on ' escape-city '. :yes:
Thankful for my parents, who i love and respect. :heart:
I truly appreciate, my dearly beloved but departed Oma ' Nanna '. :heart:

My granny, helped me to respect people.
Are definitely thankful, that ' Little Tonka ' has been a reliable escape. :)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
THANKFUL-means many things to many people. As I look back on my life it was one not very full of happiness. I was one of Two Boys My father passed when I was 5 years old. So we were raised by my mom. We lived in low income housing and my mom gave us what she could. I was not very good in school and found myself getting kicked out more than being there. However I did go to Summer School and Did Graduate. I went in the Army and ended up with a Medical Discharge. You see I was the FAT KID on the block. When I got out of school I was 346 lbs. I came home and Married the girl that I went with in high school. I got a job delivering appliances. We had two great girls and so I told myself to stop Smoking and drop some weight. It took a year got down to 168 pound. At that time I was running, Biking, and swimming. I've done 7 Marathons, 12 tris. and many road races on the bike. I sold appliances for a total of 34 years and
in 2001 my world fell apart I had Prostate Cancer which I beat and 3 months after the surgery a bicycle wreck that changed my life.I was Medavaced to Portland Or where I under went Brain Surgery.I was given a 10% chance to make it. No you see I have this Balloon thing in a blood vessel deep in the brain that they can't get to or I'll be a tomato!My Angel of 43 years is still doing for me. By my side. I laugh that since the Prostate thing I've been a MONK. That shows how loving and understanding my angel really is. So I just want to thank:
1.GOD IN HEAVEN
2.MY ANGEL
3.************** then ESCAPE CITY
All Of You Have Made My Life Worth Getting Out Of Bed Each Day. THANK YOU GOD BLESS :shades:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone is making me tear up. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It is nice to sit down and think about these things. It seems life is constantly going and we sometimes forget. I'm glad a teacher at my school started this and I thought to share it with my EC family. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts