Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Escape XLT 4WD. The front left turn signal isn't working but the light itself does. The back left signal does work but blinks at an accelerated pace compared to the other three working turn signals. Any thoughts as to what is going on? An easy fix or am I looking at some serious electrical problems? Thanks for the help.

CAJ

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd look for a burned out bulb, starting with the left front turn signal bulb (assuming that it isn't lighting at all). I've seen on other cars where a blinker would blink faster if there is less of an electrical load being drawn through it, such as in the case of one burned out bulb.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
caj73 said:
I have a 2001 Escape XLT 4WD. The front left turn signal isn't working but the light itself does. The back left signal does work but blinks at an accelerated pace compared to the other three working turn signals. Any thoughts as to what is going on? An easy fix or am I looking at some serious electrical problems? Thanks for the help.

CAJ
SO you placed your turn signal switch to the left and doesnt work, but you moved that light over to another socket and worked??? Could be a couple of things light bulb, relay, switch, etc.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts