Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my new 2010 escape this weekend. I was wondering if there is any programming that the dealer can do as far as doors unlocking when the ignition is turned of or car put in park? The dealer is meeting me at the airport and I will have a 6 hr ride home so anything I can ask for I need to do it ahead of time. Any other suggestions appreciated especially any Sync hints as I want to be able to use it for some tunes and my phone on the drive home. It is a XLT with the moon and tune package not sure what else just did it quick over the phone.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You can ask them to adjust the lock/no lock and a few other items. Squishy and JP have a better handle on what's what with the electronics...I know I didn't want the doors to auto lock when we drove our Tribute, so they were set to off. :shrug:

It's good to have a plan, and your thinking ahead is a worthy goal to save yourself time and money later! Although the first year all adjustments are covered under the warranty, to include such items. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply I know dealers can be less than helpful if you didn't buy the car from them. I purchased and A4 a few yrs ago from a dealer 50 miles away and got no help when I wanted to get the intermittent wipers adjusted.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Foreign car dealerships think they have the rest of the world by the short hairs...especially the yuppie/guppie car dealerships. I used to work for a VW dealership in another city and they were that way. I couldn't convince the owner that you get more flies with honey/sugar than with vinager. :yes: :shrug:

I eventually got tired of the sales and service writer staff mistreatment of their very own customers, and would report to the customer directly. Well, only the truth about their car that I was working on. Needless to say I got a few warnings...and then was asked what I thought about my employment security by the shop manager :lol: . You can only imagine my response... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.