Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for projector headlights for my 2005 Mercury Mariner. Any ideas if anyone makes them?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
That shape looks like it fits the Mariner with no issue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tang said:
That shape looks like it fits the Mariner with no issue.
It is for the Asian market but they have the 05 - 07 US version. You are right, the Asian market version looks like it could fit the Mariner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I got the morimoto d2s projector lenses from the retrofit source. They are amazing but te install itself was easy but getting the headlight assembly off an apart was the hardest part. They don't make aftermarket projector headlights for the escape yet (bummer)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea i spoke to Matt from TRS and i also got the morimoto mini d2s, i love them super bright. Like he said the install was easy as hell, figuring out how to get the assembly out was hard because nobody had instructions. You have to take the bumper cover off by removing a few screws here and there, i have a bull bar as well so i had to remove the 2 support rods that held the cover to the frame. On a side note, PERMA-SEAL sucks!!! Ford made taking the assembly apart a complete pain in the ***. After finally getting it apart, there was minor trimming so the projector thread could fit into the reflector bucket. After that all that was left was to aim, tighten, seal, and put it back. They are the best investment i could have made on the escape. The low beams are amazing with a perfect cut off line, and the high beams are indescribable, its like night and day when their on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i can't figure out how to post pics or i would have plenty up for you. I tried loading it regular or cropped or resized and nothing so heres my email just send me a message saying your from the forum and what you want pics of and ill send them to you that way

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank you

Craven Speed "Stubby" antenna

thats it with the orbital shrouds

These next few pictures look discolored but i think its because of the angle and its my iPhone camera. In person they look diamond white and not one hint of blue.

Right headlight (left looks identical)

Right headlight pattern test (10ft), it was uneven there but after i got them both on their angled perfect and have an even line

Right high beam pattern (10ft)

Ill take some pics at night now that their balanced and even and when i do ill post them for you. Like i said i took them on an iPhone 4 and i don't think it registers the light correctly and my angle was off but in person they are white (5000k)

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea it needs a whole new bulb. The HID kit i bought was for the h13/9008 hi/low bulb which is stock on the 2011 not sure about other years. The morimoto mini's that i got take D2S bulbs (kind on bmw, mercedes, etc). That made my bixenon h13/9008 bulbs obsolete because they aren't D2S but the rest of the HID kit could be used. TRS has everything, they had an amp->D2S adaptor which made it possible to connect my current HID kit with my new projectors and bulbs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
heres a picture i took on my street. The picture doesn't do justice. The light spreads about 15-20 yards off each side of the car and about 50 yards ahead. Cut off lines are great.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Giggitty22 said:
heres a picture i took on my street. The picture doesn't do justice. The light spreads about 15-20 yards off each side of the car and about 50 yards ahead. Cut off lines are great.

With halogen bulbs, the light typically extends farther down on the right side to better illuminate the shoulder. I can't tell from the pic, but is that the case with the projectors, or is it an even lighting on both the right and left?

I think they look great, and most importantly, they're HIDs done right (i.e., full projector setup) :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts