Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Any slip joint hose clamp pliers can be used as long as the jaw is wide enough to grasp the side that had the 2 outside prongs. I don't have as much luck with the slip joint mechanics pliers, but they can be used as well. Depending on the orientation and how you can get to them with the pliers, they can be annoying, I usually try to get a good enough grasp to spin it to a better way to grasp it fully to move it up the hose off the nipple so I am doing one thing at once, and not 2 (releasing clamp and trying to pull the hose).

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you plan to remove/install these more than one time in your lifetime, get a pair of hose clamp pliers. One of the best tools I ever bought. Google "Hose Clamp Pliers" and you will see what they look like. They have rotating blocks on the end that allow you to access the clamp from any angle. They are spring loaded so one you close the handles that open the clamp, the pliers stay closed the hose clamp stays released. you can let go of the tool or move it around to shift the clamp over the inlet with one hand and not have to worry about keeping pressure on the handles. The longer the tool the better cause you can get more leverage and can get in tighter places. I image there is a YouTube video demonstrating how great these are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts