Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my evaporator core replaced at 6,000 miles. When it started getting warm, I started using colder air and was greeted with these dry white particles. Two trips to the dealership later, they are gone. The folks at the dealership had to consult the Ford hotline (they found nothing searching the entire HVAC system) but after replacement, there's no more fake snow in my car. Looks like I had a bad evap core, but if you guys see snow, have them check the core. Just a PSA, in case it happens to you guys!

It could have been $800

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tang said:
I just had my a/c evaporator core replaced at 6,000 miles. When it started getting warm, I started using colder air and was greeted with these dry white particles. Two trips to the dealership later, they are gone. The folks at the dealership had to consult the Ford hotline (they found nothing searching the entire HVAC system) but after replacement, there's no more fake snow in my car. Looks like I had a bad evap core, but if you guys see snow, have them check the core. Just a PSA, in case it happens to you guys!

It could have been $800
bump!

This is quite an interesting issue. As far as I can remember, one of my friends also mentioned experiencing this white particles. At first, my friend is kinda worried why it is happening and where it is coming from. I have to admit to him that I also have no clue about that white particles. But now having read this post, I'm gonna tell my friend to go to his Ford dealer and have the core check before something bad happen. Anyway, thanks for sharing this tip. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is now a TSB / Technical Service Bulletin for the white particle issue!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.