Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have anger issues I’ve been working on.. I recently punched my radio and sunk the power button on my 2012 limited escape in a little. It wouldn’t work but the buttons on my steering wheel would. being the back yard mechanic I am I took it apart and discovered I cracked the motherboard that’s in between the buttons and radio. Anyone know where I can get a replacement board I have sync Bluetooth syrus and nav if I can replace the board for cheep I will if not I’ll upgrade to a touch screen if you want check my Instagram page for fun videos of me and the kids doing stupid things in or to my escape @ modifylife_escape

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I don't think a touch screen radio can take a beating.

I agree with finding a replacement FCIM in a junk yard or other used source like eBay.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a replacement board
I used to repair car radios in the old days, but somewhere in the 80's, manufacturers stopped supporting the radios for repair. This radio is no exception. The only place you'll get another board is from a donor radio.

John

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
If it's just cracks. You can try to repair it with glue for the board. And solder for damaged traces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts