Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm planning to purchase an 09 Escape Friday 07/31/2009 and was wondering if I could get ask a few questions.
How well does the FWD version handle in the snow ? I live in Southeast Michigan do I really need AWD?
4cyl vs 6cyl can I live with the 4cyl after driving a V8?
Limited vs XLT which offers the best bang for the buck ?
Useful options to have is the stereo upgrade worth it ?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Imo, that of an old dude...the 4 banger is okay. No powerhouse off the line, but okay. Once it's going that little engine will move the E/M/T well. The V-6 obviously has more authority in all modes, but I normally drive a I-6 F-150 with gobs of torque, or a v-8 Mustang. I just know that when I get into our Tribute an allowance has to be made. The payoff to the 4 cylinder? Also obvious: better fuel mileage. ;)

Drive them, and see which level of acceleration you can afford. Just think: $4/gallon for gas. :rockon:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello I'm planning to purchase an 09 Escape Friday 07/31/2009 and was wondering if I could get ask a few questions.
I hope you weren't planning on trading a clunker under the cars.gov program. Looks like they are suspending it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know I received a call from my salesman:(, but I still want to set up the deal when and if it starts back up. I think I'm going to stick with the 4cylinder FWD XLT with the Syn and Moon package.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, you and I are in a similar predicament. I've made a deal with an out of town dealer. I faxed all my trade-in information to him Wednesday so that he could get it processed through the program. I'm supposed to pickup my Escape on Sunday (this dealer is open on Sundays). I'll call him tomorrow to find out if I'm going to make the trip down there or not.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
KC5ZRQ said:
I hope you weren't planning on trading a clunker under the cars.gov program. Looks like they are suspending it.
100Chuck said:
Yes I know I received a call from my salesman:(, but I still want to set up the deal when and if it starts back up. I think I'm going to stick with the 4cylinder FWD XLT with the Syn and Moon package.
KC5ZRQ said:
Well, you and I are in a similar predicament. I've made a deal with an out of town dealer. I faxed all my trade-in information to him Wednesday so that he could get it processed through the program. I'm supposed to pickup my Escape on Sunday (this dealer is open on Sundays). I'll call him tomorrow to find out if I'm going to make the trip down there or not.
Here is the latest on the cash for clunkers program. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of you. :)

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8218841&page=1

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
When I checked 2 days ago, my Escape was considered a "clunker" per the program... :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
RobtRoma said:
When I checked 2 days ago, my Escape was considered a "clunker" per the program... :bill:
So is my Bullitt! That is both a clunker under the program and green!

Nuts! It's a Goverment give away program. Kinda have to expect that. Throw all logic out the window... :bang:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
jonas1022 said:
So is my Bullitt! That is both a clunker under the program and green!

Nuts! It's a Goverment give away program. Kinda have to expect that. Throw all logic out the window... :bang:
:bill: Hey... Don't trade it in... I'll give you $4501 for it :D

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Rats!... too rich for my blood... (it was worth a try ;) )

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
A couple of others in approximately the same condition went for less on my Bullitt board, but they had been driven in the northern winter a couple times. My car has not seen a winter, and only been rained on about six times. That has got to be worth a grand over what they got, eh?

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I would think... but then again, I'm no Bullitt aficionado

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.