Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Quick time performance electric cutouts? They claim is like having an open Header, while retaining the stock muffler.

I came across it while reading Caranddriver (they used it on a Long term Ram), and for me is a cheaper option than the magnaflow or gibson, due to the weight and shipping costs.I wonder if it is worth the money, what is your opinion on it?

Here is the link and a video

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If you have the money go for it. You will have the option of open exhaust at a flip of a switch. There are other brands out there that maybe less expednsive as they dont use the DC motots but use a throttle cable to open or close it. Shoot come to think of it I minght want one too, maybe not this kind but who knows.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first cutout i know of is made as if it was intended to last. I've seen some here in a local muffler shop, and in Amazon.com and some other web pages (granted, really cheap ones). However the reviews on those and the ones i saw here, left much to be desired. Oskerb, do you know any good brand?

But on the other I want a better sounding exhaust, with the alleged gains in hp and fuel economy :lol: , but i don't know if a cutout is going to be any good...since most of the time you'll have it closed. Maybe just to tease CRV and Rav4 owners... :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks like a great idea and product to me. In fact I may add this to my escape when I do the dual exhausts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GFsEscape said:
How long do you think before someone posts that this isn't good because you need backpressure or else your engine will lose all its power or be damaged permanently?
....I didn't knew that....all of its power? really? why?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Being Greek and pretty affilliated with Greek drama, tragedy in particular, I have a suggestion.
Let us let the story line unfold on stage.The gods guided author puts his heroes through unforseen deeds.The end is always a welcoming relief!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts