Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

QTP Exhaust Cut out

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SUVord 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Quick time performance electric cutouts? They claim is like having an open Header, while retaining the stock muffler.

I came across it while reading Caranddriver (they used it on a Long term Ram), and for me is a cheaper option than the magnaflow or gibson, due to the weight and shipping costs.I wonder if it is worth the money, what is your opinion on it?

Here is the link and a video

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

Discussion starter · #3 ·
This is the first cutout i know of is made as if it was intended to last. I've seen some here in a local muffler shop, and in Amazon.com and some other web pages (granted, really cheap ones). However the reviews on those and the ones i saw here, left much to be desired. Oskerb, do you know any good brand?

But on the other I want a better sounding exhaust, with the alleged gains in hp and fuel economy :lol: , but i don't know if a cutout is going to be any good...since most of the time you'll have it closed. Maybe just to tease CRV and Rav4 owners... :D

Discussion starter · #6 ·
GFsEscape said:
How long do you think before someone posts that this isn't good because you need backpressure or else your engine will lose all its power or be damaged permanently?
....I didn't knew that....all of its power? really? why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.