Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Escape Limited and noticed something the other day. I had a car starter installed at the dealership and picked it up. I thought the headliner above the windshield was installed incorrectly. It seemed to have rough edges and looked out of place.

I went back up to the dealership to have them look at it and compared it to a new 2010 Escape. Sure enough it was almost as bad. I was shocked. Has anyone noticed this? It seems they both looked rough cut, not that you would notice it unless you were lookng for it.

Thanks

Teddy

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got an '09 Mariner, and I noticed that as well - it's not really cut rough, it just looks like it needs a molding or reveal or something where the headliner meets the windshield.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, it's an old disease that seems to show up in cycles. Remember American cars in the 80's, with knobs on the dash that popped off while you were simply driving around, or windows that fell into the door for no reason?

Good times. :(

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Most newer cars have a headliner without a trim piece under the top edge of the windshield. I just looked at mine, and I'd say it's pretty well-finished. It's tight up against the windshield and it follows the line on the windshield perfectly across the top. It's the same with our Fusion.

Did the dealer need to remove your headliner to install the antenna for the remote starter? If they did, they may have creased it at the front if they weren't careful with it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
mine was ruined by installing remote starter antenna and it was not installed at the dealer, it was installed at the ford plant in kansas.... when routing wire of the antenna, they had tomove it a little for the wire to pass but the edge of the headliner was stuck in the black silicon that keep the windshield in place so they had to force it down and separate the carton like material and the fabric... ruined it that way. Had the dealer replace the entire headliner,,, now it looks perfect.

Note that the remote starter installed at the Ford plant is installed after the car is build in another building.

Wouldn't it better installed on the production line when all is accesable???

I noticed that the wire harness passing on driver side (near seat) have been untaped to access wire and even tie raps are cutted without replacing them so the harness is not retained on the floor anymore.

for a job supposedly done at the plant, it's like butchery, no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts