Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the PG RSDCS65s and was going to heed your advice and mount the tweeters in the A pillar. Just curious, how do you remove the a pillar plastic panel?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It should just "snap" off? I would be careful and move slow, in case there are any tabs or any place holders in there. Ive taken mine off halfway to fix my BT wire and it came off smoothly. good luck. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
If its anything like my 03, there should be a circle pop off cover thing, under the tweeter location (sail panel) where the dash meets the door when its closed, pop that off and theres a screw. take the screw out and then the only thing holding the sail panel is 2 push pins, you might have to pry it out a bit to see if you can slide it up or down instead of pulling it and breaking one of the push pins.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
YouKnowMyName said:
I just ordered the PG RSDCS65s and was going to heed your advice and mount the tweeters in the A pillar. Just curious, how do you remove the a pillar plastic panel?
For mine, I just pulled the weatherstripping, then it pulled right out with a few snaps. It was quite easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried it out and it does pull right out, but warning for anyone else doing this on 2010. One of the snaps is tethered to the Plastic panel and has to be removed by sliding out of a bracket on the inside of the panel. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
take some pics if possible, some documentation here might come in handy for others.

·
Registered
64 Posts
fourthmeal said:
take some pics if possible, some documentation here might come in handy for others.
Absolutely. I'm going to be tackling a 2011 in about 4 months. I have every thread page with significant pictures bookmarked for comparison as I go along.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got to taking that A pillar cover off. Here are the pictures. Basically, you pull the cover off, but not too hard because of the tether strap. Once you get the snapps popped off, you slide the tether connector on the cover down towards the dash. Once the tether is removed, the cover slides right out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice. It looks like there's about an inch of mounting depth in those panels. Maybe I'm just seeing it from the wrong angle though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Eh, just have to test things out and see how it sounds. It might end up sounding BETTER up there higher up, but tests will get it figured out. Remember that volume itself plays a critical role in getting tweeters to sound centered. Even more so than time alignment! If you have the ability to do so, you may then want to consider dropping a dB or two on the left front tweeter. Again, testing will tell. Also phase might need to be tested, both in relation to the woofer, and in relation L to R.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a switch on the crossoverand it was set by default to +2db for the tweeters. Once I figured this out, they definetly sounded better, but they still sound too bright, almost over powering. Not tinny, just bright.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts