Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i tell if my 05 escape limited v6 4x4 has the tow pckg? it has a hitch but dont know if that means it has the tow pckg or not. how do i know if it is class 1 or 2 hitch?

i also would like to figure out how to hook up a mp3 player thru the mach 300 cd6 radio. it has the cd/aux button... does that mean there is an input on back of radio?

has anyone else noticed cold air comin thru the inside door handle area?

i noticed on other escape pics that there is a lid in the cargo area floor, mine doesnt have that.. why... i think thats where the batteries go for the hybrid?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
mr hammond said:
how can i tell if my 05 escape limited v6 4x4 has the tow pckg? it has a hitch but dont know if that means it has the tow pckg or not. how do i know if it is class 1 or 2 hitch?

i also would like to figure out how to hook up a mp3 player thru the mach 300 cd6 radio. it has the cd/aux button... does that mean there is an input on back of radio?

has anyone else noticed cold air comin thru the inside door handle area?

i noticed on other escape pics that there is a lid in the cargo area floor, mine doesnt have that.. why... i think thats where the batteries go for the hybrid?

thanks in advance
Regarding the tow package. If you have your vin run, it will tell you what it came equiped with from the factory.

mp3 output: My 2005 mustang had it, but there was no output on the back of my CD player. You can buy "TripTunes" from Ford for about $50 and it will put a direct FM transmitter hook-up and audio jack in your glovebox. My dad and I did the install in the mustang in under an hour.

Cold air: No, but mine is a 2010. I remember getting heat through the space around the parking brake on my Mustang.

Cargo Area: Again, not sure about your year model, but if it is like the 2010, some come with a "cargo convenience package" that includes a lockable wet "trunk" under the read cargo mat. My friends '06 hybrid just has the battery under her carpet.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
i should have thought bought runnin vin.
im thinkn double din touchscreen now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The double din touchscreen is pretty hot! I plan on keeping my stock head unit and using my lockable wet trunk to house my amp...good to have friends that do car audio!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wish i had the lockable wet trunk, it has the indent in the cargo floor but has some sort of thick cardboard thing thats screwed in place, i need to look closer at it.
thanks for the answers

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sterling10 said:
The double din touchscreen is pretty hot! I plan on keeping my stock head unit and using my lockable wet trunk to house my amp...good to have friends that do car audio!
I was going to purchase the wet trunk false floor specifically to house my amp. But there was plenty of room to install the amp under the false floor in mine. I mounted my amp/LOC under the false floor behind the jack. Not sure if you have the same amount of free space with the wet trunk. I guess the jack recessed area is roughly in the same place? You should have enough room to mount the amp under it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i need to look closer at it, but im not sure what im gonna do with saound system. imo the mach system sounds great, but i dont like being limited to cd's. if i get a dub din touchscreen then i will prolly want to upgrade speakers n sub n amp.... seems like it never ends when i start a project..lol

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
mr hammond said:
if i get a dub din touchscreen then i will prolly want to upgrade speakers n sub n amp.... seems like it never ends when i start a project..lol
I had the exact same problem, my friend gave me a sub and amp, I also was running a Plug and Play satellite radio. I ended up junking the CD-6 changer, bought a reasonable single DIN Pioneer that could play MP3s, had AUX IN for the Sirius and crossovers for the sub and all new door speakers (including adding tweeters to the front). I spent very little (mabye $300 not counting sub or amp) and got a quality system. A double DIN will cost you a bunch....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.