Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Steve McNair, former NFL quarterback for the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens, was found shot to death in his condo on Saturday, July 4. He was only 36.

I'm not a fan of either team but I always found McNair exciting to watch. He could run and throw well, and he was probebly the toughest guy I'd seen (he went a whole month without practicing due to injuries and still started and played every game, and won all 5 as well!) In interviews he seems intelligent, caring, truely a nice guy. The NFL needs more publicity about people like this! I remember one of the most exciting Super Bowls I'd ever seen, Titans and Rams, where he drives them down the field to attempt the tying score, scrambling every which way and passing, only to see his receiver get tackled a yard short as time expired.

R.I.P. Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
that is to bad what is with this week an people in the spot light passing away

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Not a McNair fan, nor Titan or Raven fan. Still, it's a tragedy when someone gets killed. It's one thing to be in the movies, another thing for it to happen in real life. :(

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,745 Posts
I admired the passion that Steve McNair showed playing football. He will be missed.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I was never a fan of the teams he was on but I was a huge fan of his abilities and, later in his career, his heart. He played some amazing football with some pretty bad injuries... almost like a movie. It's a shame this happened to him. RIP Steve...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
From what I read about his achievements in football and contributions to the community, he seemed like an outstanding athlete and person. I feel bad for his wife and children regarding the shady circumstances of his death. :(

·
Registered
490 Posts
an "outstanding athlete & person" -- just not an outstanding father and husband from what we're reading.....Very sad situation to say the least.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It's sad that this is another message as to what our world is turning into. A lot of people today will not except responsiability for their own actions.Gangs, Road Rage, Drug use these are all problems that we face every day. It is no wonder our country has such a high Suide rate. Young folks just don't feel there is anything to look foreward to. That is a crying shame :wall: :bang:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Those that choose to quit have had "Too much, too easy".

Life is what they make of it. More effort = better life. :thumb:

No guarantees however. :shrug: And there are always some s.o.b. trying to ruin it, or take it away from you. :rant: At least that's my $.02. Take it or leave it.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello JIMMYJOHN and Jonas1022. We are experiencing ,the same problems down under. Yes, unfortunately too many people, circulating with their negative karma.

I am firmly of the belief, that even though technology, will be dynamic in future, the actual existence of living will SUCK REAL BAD. I hope the future generations, have a reasonable quality of life, but somehow i just can't see this as happening. I do not feel too much anxiety, about eventually having to pass away.

I agree with you JIMMYJOHN and Colleen, that those who departed this life, have gone to a better place, than our current existence. A friend of mine passed away, years ago from leukemia. He was only about 25 years old. The nurses had him heavily medicated, so that he wouldn't suffer too much. I think they still use Morphine.

A few of his close friends, including myself visited him at the ward. There were four of us. Our visit ,was about two days before he died. There is something i never forgot. He explained to us, that it was a struggle, but he came to terms with it. Initially he was very frightened, but then told us, to accept things how they are. His comment was something like : I have felt something, and seen a few glimpses. There is something on the other side. This is why i am not scared. I know theres a better place out there. Something out there and i know it.

It was mentioned to us, that he observed and felt a very, powerful presence that was compassionate. He didn't give us details, because our friend said it is sort of, a perception that is hard to describe with words.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
stone said:
Hello JIMMYJOHN and Jonas1022. We are experiencing ,the same problems down under. Yes, unfortunately too many people, circulating with their negative karma.

I am firmly of the belief, that even though technology, will be dynamic in future, the actual existence of living will SUCK REAL BAD. I hope the future generations, have a reasonable quality of life, but somehow i just can't see this as happening. I do not feel too much anxiety, about eventually having to pass away.

I agree with you JIMMYJOHN and Colleen, that those who departed this life, have gone to a better place, than our current existence. A friend of mine passed away, years ago from leukemia. He was only about 25 years old. The nurses had him heavily medicated, so that he wouldn't suffer too much. I think they still use Morphine.

A few of his close friends, including myself visited him at the ward. There were four of us. Our visit ,was about two days before he died. There is something i never forgot. He explained to us, that it was a struggle, but he came to terms with it. Initially he was very frightened, but then told us, to accept things how they are. His comment was something like : I have felt something, and seen a few glimpses. There is something on the other side. This is why i am not scared. I know theres a better place out there. Something out there and i know it.

It was mentioned to us, that he observed and felt a very, powerful presence that was compassionate. He didn't give us details, because our friend said it is sort of, a perception that is hard to describe with words.
Cheers to you, Stone ! :beer: Excellent post !!!!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.