Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the person in first place always gets the most criticism, but man, what a fall from grace, huh?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I read somewhere (sorry can't remember my source) that Toyota is not sure whether or not the braking systems in the Prius requires a recall and that an investigation is being held. Im my opinion though... even if the Prius does not require a recall Toyota's name has been in the news way too much lately to make any consumer feel safe buying their cars/trucks. In the end, it may come out that there was no problem to begin with, but the publicity will hurt them in this instance. I'm die hard Ford, but I hate to see them flourish in this type of way (even though the quality and safety ratings on Ford has steadily climbed in the last year or so). There's my $.02.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Did you say Toyota stock was $.02 a share? :bag: Now there's talk of the electronics being the culprit... Ouch!

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they pull out of it. I was never a fan of Toyota, alot of hype I thought. The domestics we've had have served us well.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well, I hope that Toyota gets through this, as a number of jobs at the Derbyshire assembley plant here in England would otherwise be at stake......

What would be interesting to see is what percentage of cars produced by them have actually had a problem, I would bet that the total% of cars affected is quite small.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Regardless of you total % affected it's your PPM (Parts Per Million) that is important. Anything over 3.5 PPM and you do not have a "lean" process. Toyota basically created the lean process. I take great interest in stuff like this since I'm in the manufacturing field. MSN states that they recalled 270,000 priuses. So even if one of these is defective, then they've gone against their own quality and operations standards.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
They will come back! We Americans have a Love/ Hate relationship with our cars

·
Registered
4 Posts
The gas pedal problem is "supposively" to be fixed with a shim behind the pedal contact point. Although some people say it's attributed to a software problem like the prius brakes.

In general I just think modern cars are to complicated with way to many computers interaction with each each other.

Whatever happens if cars keep going the same direction the day you can repair your own car are numbered.

·
Registered
700 Posts
cheapold280ce said:
The gas pedal problem is "supposively" to be fixed with a shim behind the pedal contact point. Although some people say it's attributed to a software problem like the prius brakes.

In general I just think modern cars are to complicated with way to many computers interaction with each each other.

Whatever happens if cars keep going the same direction the day you can repair your own car are numbered.
Agree with you 100%. We all know computers are unreliable and crash. The day cars are nearly all controlled by computer is the day there's is nothing we can do is the ECU goes haywire. :violin:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Surprise guys!

We are already there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I do like the fact I still have hydraulic brake lines. :D

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
100Chuck said:
Ford just announce a recall on some 2010 hybrids for brake issues here the link sorry for the double post.
http://www.freep.com/article/20100204/B ... rid-brakes
I read somewhere else that it was going to be sent out as a recommended technical service bulletin and that every owner would be contacted regarding the (I believe programming adjustment) repair.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tacoma recall!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I think Mr. Toyoda has sent his President of Toyota of America, to respond to the Congressional inquiry .

The technican that I work with that owns an Avalon has had his car "fixed". He liked the customer service, but has some reservations about the fix. I think he believes the repair is merely "eyewash" to blunt the negative PR about the problems. He also believes a true fix will come later once Toyota really figures out what is truly wrong.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Tacoma brake lines rust through on new or nearly new trucks...

Once again Toyota does cut rate job on building a truck and the consumer gets stuck with unsafe junk. This happened a couple years ago with earlier model Tacoma model trucks. When will they learn? :( Or is it, when will Americans that buy Toyota's learn? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts