Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish there were more people that would take their Escapes to the track!There is everything else out there that races....why not more Escapes!There are so many people that talk trash about why do I race!Why not..It's a pretty quick car/truck!It's all in fun too....right?!?!

[mod]Moved to Tailgate Chat.[/mod]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the 1/4 mile with mine.... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3869

My Jet Performance Chip is on it's way too.... Owners of this board don't really push the "limits" of the Escape. So... EC users will not be on your side...

En français... on dirait que tous les proprios d'Escape sont des vrais moumounes ! Y'a rien qui se passe ici !

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It would be fun to take my truck to the track but it's not a toy for me, this is my daily driver. I depend on this thing and can't afford to break something that's going to lay it up for days.
I'll be first to admit that I love the go fast feeling but it's confined to the 401 for now.
Salut tous les francophones! Acadian and proud! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
0 to 60 in 8.7 sec is still a lot better than what the previous 3.0L used to be able to do (10 seconds?)

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with running at the track every now and then. I used to love going to small, local tracks on the weekend. It was fun to see a large variety of everything from stock daily drivers, muscle cars, bikes, etc. It's not like you're going neutral drops or anything. It's better to take it to the track than on the street.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Running it WOT, no problem.

Hammering it. Not such a good idea for the DD crowd, or someone with a limited budget.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I agree with KK. There is nothing wrong with stomping on the gas, as you may already do it on the street to make the light, make an exit, or pass someone on a red lightto make that turn you need. Dunno to each their own...

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Well to each his own! If I'm going to stomp on the pedal it'll be on the Interstate going some where. Then only 75 unless passing and then maybe 90 or so. :shades:

·
Registered
274 Posts
ShAwTWiN said:
En français... on dirait que tous les proprios d'Escape sont des vrais moumounes ! Y'a rien qui se passe ici !
Moumoune? Plutot que j'ai pu 19 ans et mon char c'est pas un jouet... :roll:

As others have said, my Escape is also my daily driver... I need it to go to work and earn a living. Besides I'm not 19 anymore and my car isn't a toy. I'm actually quite a boring driver, I stay close to the limits and am courteous on the road. I would never dream of racing or "beating up" my Escape, on the road or the track.

I guess scraping people off the pavement and extricating them out of mangled cars on an almost daily basis at work does make you reconsider the "fun" of racing.

Pat

ps: When I'll want to go racing on a track I'll get me something like a nice '76 Nova SS with full roll cage... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Lord Velveeta said:
ps: When I'll want to go racing on a track I'll get me something like a nice '76 Nova SS with full roll cage... :thumb:
I never plan on rolling when at the track lol

:bill:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Lord Velveeta said:
Scooter Scott said:
I never plan on rolling when at the track lol
No one ever plans on rolling a car... :shrug:

But as they say... :fan: happens... :)
Case in point:

Dude just hit a puddle...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's guy is just an idiot and should not be allowed to buy that kind of vehicle...he obviously doesn't know what he was doing. That was probably his first time spinning a tire

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lord Velveeta said:
ShAwTWiN said:
Moumoune? Plutot que j'ai pu 19 ans et mon char c'est pas un jouet... :roll:

As others have said, my Escape is also my daily driver... I need it to go to work and earn a living. Besides I'm not 19 anymore and my car isn't a toy. I'm actually quite a boring driver, I stay close to the limits and am courteous on the road. I would never dream of racing or "beating up" my Escape, on the road or the track.

I guess scraping people off the pavement and extricating them out of mangled cars on an almost daily basis at work does make you reconsider the "fun" of racing.

Pat

Got to agree , worked a tow truck back 35 years ago , after seeing people pulled out of wrecks piece by piece racing on the srteet or highway is not appealing . Want to go fast , go to a track .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts