Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 escape 3.0 xlt with premium sound. What I've done so far I changed the audio control module, disconnected the battery, checked all the fuses (which are good) and all I have when the car is on is ford escape premium sound on dash. None of the buttons on radio work (no Bluetooth, sync or radio) my car had major work done on it 2 weeks ago i.e catalytic converters and o2 sensors I'm thinking the radio is done but any help would be great thanks

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
If the unit is totally dead, i.e., no display, no lights, etc, I would pull it and determine if there was power being supplied at the connector. It is possible something got disconnected or at least loose enough to remove power.
If the control head is separate from the actual gizzards, I' check the connection between the two, and the connectors at each end.
Last shot is removal and inspection for 'where the magic smoke got out' spots. If you partially disassemble, you may be able to see where charring has occurred, and that would remove all doubt, as they say. I know of zero places that repair auto audio, so a boneyard shopping trip would be the only option I can think of. I don't think the entertainment is keyed to the vehicle, but for sure would check before buying a used unit. One last thought is that the GEM/SJB provides power to 'stuff' after the key is turned to OFF. If that 'feature' has a problem, it could deny power to your audio even with the key ON. Need to check for power being available at the unit(all parts).,
tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts