Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am trying to figure this one on my own but can't quite do it.

So I have a Viper 5901 with remote start and it works fine. The thing I can't quite figure out is the radio. Sometimes when I start via remote the radio stays off and will turn on when I put the key in and turn to run, other times the radio will turn on when the vehicle is remotely started.

I would prefer it to stay off until I put the key in run for two reasons, 1) Noise and 2) I have bluetooth in my deck and my phone will only connect when the radio "boots up."

Any ideas why this would happen? I looked at the service manual and can't quite make sense of it.

Thanks,
Mike

EDIT: I forgot to add that I have an aftermarket deck with a wiring harness adapter. Everything is wired to that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What kind of radio do you have?

It could have something to do with whether or not you turned the radio off before you left the vehicle the last time you used it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats odd, I have a similar set up and my deck does not turn on until the key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it looks like when the radio doesn't turn on when I remote start that it's just delayed and turns on a few min later. I think I may have to talk to the installer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help !!! I have no power to the radio/messaging center. I bought the 2008 escape hybird from a taxi company and it runs great. My guess is they disconnected the radio deliberately. How do I restore the power ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts