1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice! :thumb: The current ones (new for 2008) are great trucks, lots of torque in the diesel engine. I really like they finally decided to differentiate one from the other, 'cuz today they just have diferents badges.

Love the Ford one!

The mazda kinda look like a big GM Spark

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I read somewhere in the states the Ranger will be called something else, however, I think people made it clear to Ford that the Ranger name should remain on the small and med size trucks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No offense to those who like it, but I think it looks awful. :barf:

A truck should look tough, not like a overweight Fiesta with a bed. The only practical explanation I can make of it is the effort to increase fuel mileage by making the vehicle more aerodynamic, but to me good looks went out the window and into the windstream. I guess I could get used to the new look, but to me the Rangers of the last 10 or so years look the best. (Especially the FX4 edition like weebee's, I've driven one of those and they are awesome!)

·
Registered
93 Posts
does bt50 mean there is a 5 liter in there cause that wud be sweet

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
But can you tow a combined 15,100 lbs (6,849 kg) between the weight of the truck, passengers, trailer, and stuff like you can with my F-150??? :shrug:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,647 Posts
I looked on the Ford Mexico website for the Ranger and couldn't find max towing capacity. :?

I think of my high school Spanish is correct (it has been almost 40 years :hyst: :hyst: ) that the Peso bruto vehicular (Gross Vehicle Weight is 3,200 kg or 7,055 lbs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If that ranger came to American and was available in diesel I would probably sell my escape in a heart for it. Not even so I could have a nice new toy. I just think it looks great and I'd love to own a diesel!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Jcup said:
If that ranger came to American and was available in diesel I would probably sell my escape in a heart for it. Not even so I could have a nice new toy. I just think it looks great and I'd love to own a diesel!
I would to. Unfortunately the chevy colorado and gmc canyon are the similar size and the diesel is coming.... :/ Chevy can't keep those trucks on the show room floor..... Ford messed up

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It will be built in a brand new Plant in Nigeria, And I want one now :yes:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
FRENCHY said:
It will be built in a brand new Plant in Nigeria, And I want one now :yes:
Pff. All ford had/has to do is release this ranger or the bronco and I'm sold. The market is ready and proven.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I find that front end hideous. Could be the greatest truck on earth, still looks like...crap. Maybe it's different in person.

·
Registered
518 Posts
FRENCHY said:
In Mexico now...

I was just in Mexico a few weeks ago and saw a lot of those 4-door Rangers. I don't understand why we can't get them here in the US of A--fawk! I also saw the newly restyled Nissan Frontier that we're supposed to get here in the US sometime in 2016.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts