Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight I drove 90 mins to do a job I bid on. I get there and the owner walks and looks around my truck and says " I pay you half now and half after inspection." I'm like what the hell is she talking about :shock:
She said "you have no big machine like other company have, you machine not strong enough," I said "you need to learn how to read the advertisement since it says I use chemicals instead of a pressure washer", she said "you have no big machine you get half now and half rater." I said BS, you need to learn how to read lady, and you owe me some type of compensation for the drive. She ran to her restaurant, poked her head out the door and yelled sorry."
No compensation for travel, I had to pay my employee half the 50% of the job plus spend 125.00 to get the cleaning solutions I needed for the job. I guess it could have been worse. i could have actually agreed to do the job for half the bid and waited up to 6 months to bet the rest of the money.
The last thing I said was you may not run into this problem if you'd attempt to learn how to speak and read the English language. Then her husband gets into it and I just said you owe me some travel money and money for the employees time. He just started yelling in his language so I packed my stuff up and left. Pretty crappy financial night but it was kind of funny since it was my employees first day. The look on his face was pretty funny

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Whatever their ethnicity, that's not right. Sorry about your experience.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
THAT SUCKS :censor: HER... Sorry for that but that ticks me off.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats not right my post or the free travel?
anyway life goes on. Oskerb I hear you loud and clear.. :horse:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
megascape said:
Whats not right my post or the free travel?
It's not right that she backed out of the deal with you. At the very least you should have been compensated for your travel time.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It SUCKS that you lost Time and Money. The people would have Screwed you one way or another any way so you are better off not doing the work. You could have been out alot more. :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I got hit up with a job like that years ago doing lawn maintenance. I mowed a guys' acreage, yeah acreage, for one month, that's one month. Every week for what we agreed to ...$150 per mowing. At the end of the month he says that's $150 for this month and $150 for next month in advance... :taz: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

After a knock down yelling match, he "agreed" to let me out of my contract! :hyst:

As Bugs Bunny said, "What a Maroon!." :bang:

It's everywhere!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I helped a bloke, hay carting in my younger years.

Did this every day after work for a week.

I put in a good two hours for this.

This person had one arm in plaster.

There were two other people helping.

##

When he paid me, i was sucked in big time.

I was paid $12.00, but i expected it in cash.

But no he paid me via cheque. :shock:

I thought that rather pathetic.

Wish i was more discerning in those years, instead of being so naive. :bang: :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts