Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving to work today I noticed my left turn signal was blinking about twice as fast as normal. The right signal and hazards seem 'normal'. Is this just someting to change under the dash where the 'clicking' noise seems to come from. It's a '09 XLT with ~11,000 miles.
Thanks.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just went to the garage to check if front & rears were working, they were, but now left is normal again. ????

·
Registered
482 Posts
Probably the bulb. My guess is, it's toast, but for the time being, the element moved so that it's (for the time being) completing the circuit. Since the element is (probably) no longer attached properly, when it shifts, the bulb will die out again. You'll have to visually inspect them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Four_Eyes said:
Probably the bulb. My guess is, it's toast, but for the time being, the element moved so that it's (for the time being) completing the circuit. Since the element is (probably) no longer attached properly, when it shifts, the bulb will die out again. You'll have to visually inspect them.
A visual may not help, just had the same thing happen, left rear was out, bulb looked good tho.
Replace with # in the book, previous post someone found it should last longer then the # I took out (sorry can't recall #'s). Mine was rear.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I should have been more specific. Pull the bulbs and tap them with a finger. You want to make the element shake. If the element is disconnected, it will fall out of position and you'll find the burned out bulb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts