Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer had a black Raptor sitting out front last weekend. It didn't last long. I typically do not like black, but this thing was sweet! I would probably pick orange. It was a very cool-looking truck. The 6.2 Boss will make it so much better. Sorry -- no pics (I was just driving by).

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I think it's on YouTube already. One wonderful offroad machine for the masses! Not that I would want one, but I can appreciate what they are building.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I hear they are all sold already! I have a friend in detroit that does car work and test drove a raptor. Said it curb jumps with ease, you dont even feel it hit the curb. Great truck.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I love the
F O R D
lettering and clearance lights on the grille.

:thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd absoultey love to go rage in one of those things in the middle of nowhere haha

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sure.. make me search Google until I can get up to date:
Makes me love Ford trucks all over again :heart:
Ford 150 SVT Raptor R (2010) is the most off-road-capable F-150 Ford has ever built. This pickup is like a street-legal Baja prerunner. In other words, the SVT Raptor promises to smooth out the worst high-speed desert terrain, fly over jumps and handle slow-speed four-wheeling better than just about any production truck.

The 2010 Ford 150 SVT Raptor R is priced at $38,995 Raptor and based on a 4WD F-150 Super Cab with a 5.5-foot bed. So there are quite a few components shared with the standard-issue F-150 range. It is powered by a Ford's 320-hp 5.4-liter V8 that makes 390 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a six-speed automatic. The differentials are conventional F-150. But an electronic locking rear differential is standard as are 4.10:1 gears that turn beefy 315/70R17 (35-inch) BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires. And to cover the rubber, the bodywork skins are heavily flared.

Ford 150 SVT Raptor R comes with big tires to improve off-road ground clearance. But the key to the Raptor's capability is its suspension

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i want one.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i went to the website, and put a big picture of one in the air as my desktop background HAHA

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to buy the Raptor badge

The official code name for the Territory during its development was Raptor - I would be a great badge to replace the crappy TX model badge on the rear of our Territory.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
The newer version of the Raptor is to have the new 6.2L engine. Ought to do more than 400 hp. Kinda trailers that 5.4Ls 320 hp. I can wait, but that price tag is a real piece of gag material! EECCCKK!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
BLKXLT said:
Sure.. make me search Google until I can get up to date:
Makes me love Ford trucks all over again :heart:
Ford 150 SVT Raptor R (2010) is the most off-road-capable F-150 Ford has ever built. This pickup is like a street-legal Baja prerunner. In other words, the SVT Raptor promises to smooth out the worst high-speed desert terrain, fly over jumps and handle slow-speed four-wheeling better than just about any production truck.

The 2010 Ford 150 SVT Raptor R is priced at $38,995 Raptor and based on a 4WD F-150 Super Cab with a 5.5-foot bed. So there are quite a few components shared with the standard-issue F-150 range. It is powered by a Ford's 320-hp 5.4-liter V8 that makes 390 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a six-speed automatic. The differentials are conventional F-150. But an electronic locking rear differential is standard as are 4.10:1 gears that turn beefy 315/70R17 (35-inch) BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires. And to cover the rubber, the bodywork skins are heavily flared.

Ford 150 SVT Raptor R comes with big tires to improve off-road ground clearance. But the key to the Raptor's capability is its suspension
What colour designation, have ford given it?.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
stone said:
What colour designation, have ford given it?.
Molten Orange
Blue Flame
Tuxedo Black
Oxford White

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Great looking truck but the decals along the side would need to go.
These vinyl stick ons were all the rage in the 90's but lets get with the new millenium guys!
Flashbacks of faded decals on Fiestas and Aerostar vans still haunt my memory, I could not in good concience have them on a vehicle I own. :shock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to trade my 06 f150 fx4 but I am waiting to see if they will come out with a supercrew. There is talk that they have gotten alot of feedback regarding this matter. Oh yeah and the 6.2 liter would be nice but not the cost of gas.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts