Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted the wheels and thought I was done. Then I used night shades and tinted the tail lights and front marker lamps. I also removed the factory running boards. Then I was not happy with the chrome strip on the front grille so I painted it black.

grille before

grille after

before the tinted tail lights and front marker lamps

Everything after

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
turbotoaster1 said:
Thank You for all the comments. It's funny how many people think that it's an Xterra.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

No way! Escape all the way! I wanted that roof rack set up for Ean but he doesn't have the bumper for it. I didn't even want it that complex I just wanted the black piece that said Escape haha :thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
that is great looking! It is amazing how great the outerbounds roof rack makes it look. When I got mine I looked for ones with it but they were nowhere to be found. Great job!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey that Escape looks real good!

Is just one thing that i recommend.Spray some clear(duplicolor rattle can clear coat)over those lights because VHT does NOT last with out protection.Trust me i've sprayed taillights before.They will look a lot better cleared! :thumb:. I always clear coat everything i paint.

·
Registered
416 Posts
goldash03 said:
Hey that Escape looks real good!

Is just one thing that i recommend.Spray some clear(duplicolor rattle can clear coat)over those lights because VHT does NOT last with out protection.Trust me i've sprayed taillights before.They will look a lot better cleared! :thumb:. I always clear coat everything i paint.
I second that notion. You should definitely hit the wheels with clear too, if you haven't already. My wheels started showing chips after the first day. They started showing bare metal by the end of the first week. I wound up redoing them after that. Your Escape looks killer, so keep it that way. :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
goldash03 said:
Thanks guys. I cleared everything I painted with a semi-gloss clear and I have cleaned my wheels with some very strong cleaners and they are holding up very well. I am suprised that paint you are able to purchase in a spray can is so durable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts