Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
New to Escape city. Have a 2010 Escape XLT 4X4. Seems the centre brake light lens is cracked, split where the washer nozzle is. Anyone else have this happen and are there aftermarket ones that I can replace it with ?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Welcome to the City.

Strange situation you got there. I wonder if the dealership would kindly replace it for you as it seems like it might be a non-wear situation. As for replacing it, I don't think I've seen anything aftermarket. For now, you're left with searching through junk yards (or eBay) or buying one from the dealership.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since it's a 2010 model, I think there's a good chance it can be replaced under Ford warranty. For something like this to crack suggests there was an initial quality issue with the part.

·
Registered
105 Posts
markhampete said:
Since it's a 2010 model, I think there's a good chance it can be replaced under Ford warranty. For something like this to crack suggests there was an initial quality issue with the part.
completly agree as its a 2010 model the dealer should replace it under the warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I initially thought of taking it in and see what the dealer says. Can't hurt I guess I'm just afraid they will try and say it was hit with something hence no warranty coverage. Will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
If they tell you that something like that... time to find a different dealership. :p

·
Registered
781 Posts
Or hit them and tell them sorry it's not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
TrueEscapeInRed said:
Hey, they changed it under warranty... :woohoo: Just had it done this morning .
That's great, but curious why it took so long? Did they have to order the part?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
markhampete said:
TrueEscapeInRed said:
Hey, they changed it under warranty... :woohoo: Just had it done this morning .
That's great, but curious why it took so long? Did they have to order the part?
Yes they had to order the part which took a few days and then I had to schedule a visit for them to install it. My wife drives this Escape most of the time so I had to fit it in with her schedule. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts