Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to unlock my Escape with the key or from the inside, it will not unlock the rear hatch, or hatch window, it will only unlock it with the remote. Its not really that big of problem because I usually use my remote anyway, but are there any known solutions to this problem? I would like to get it fixed before I get my new Escape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Mine only unlocks from the remote also, not too sure about what could cause your prob though
btw, are u selling ur AVS deflectors with ur escape or seperately?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now it won't even unlock with the remote all the time. And I was planning on selling the deflectors with my Escape(when the time comes). Depending on what year I buy, I might keep the bug deflector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
haukap8 said:
Now it won't even unlock with the remote all the time.
Just a thought here, but...........maybe it's the battery in your remote? :) When was the last time you replaced the battery? They don't last forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
You want to open the hatch when you can, pull of the inside trim panel, (4 screws) and look at the linkage. It might very well can be broken, bent and or you have a bad lock solenoid. These can be replaced. Search the forum for help and instructions for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I am probably misunderstanding this hatch question, but what I'd like to know is whether there is an inside hatch release anywhere. I have a 2011 Escape and cannot find one anywhere. I can't believe you can only open the hatch and rear window from inside the car by using the remote. All cars I have owned previously have had an inside release somewhere.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fotojack said:
haukap8 said:
Now it won't even unlock with the remote all the time.
Just a thought here, but...........maybe it's the battery in your remote? :) When was the last time you replaced the battery? They don't last forever.
Battery is brand new, but the problem is that us doesn't unlock from the inside too all of the time. So it may be something on the inside of the hatch.

cg205 said:
I am probably misunderstanding this hatch question, but what I'd like to know is whether there is an inside hatch release anywhere. I have a 2011 Escape and cannot find one anywhere. I can't believe you can only open the hatch and rear window from inside the car by using the remote. All cars I have owned previously have had an inside release somewhere.

Thanks
As far as I know, Escapes do not have a hatch release on the inside, which wasn't one of Fords smartest ideas, but you have to live with some things.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top