Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to remove the rear quarter trim panels and floor coverings to put in some sound deadener and replace the rear shocks at the same time. Any tips or tricks to remove the plastic without breaking it?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Which year is your Escape?

The number one tip when working with plastic parts, especially those that snap together/apart: don't do anything unless the parts are warmed to at least 65˚F.

On my 2005 Escape, the quarter panel trim was secured with metal snap fittings, so it's easy to remove and install. Pull back the liftgate weatherstrip and load floor carpet, remove the rear seatback bracket bezel (the round panel covering the bracket), grasp the upper part of the quarter panel trim, and pull it away from the body. Be sure to locate any snap fittings that may fall off.

When you reinstall the quarter panel trim, there are several interlocking tabs on the panel and on the C-pillar trim, directly above it. Be sure that those tabs are lined up before pushing the quarter trim panel back into place.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've got an 07 escape, which is essentially the same as what jpark had. I removed the floor and the seatback bracket bezel and then started from the lower rear to loosen everything snap by snap. Grab in between the rear side window and the panel to loosen the top portion. You can take off the upper part the lower portion of the upper part will likely come off anyways. (as seen in the pic below, the rear grey panel by the liftgate on the left in the upper half of the vehicle that connects to the ceiling came off vs. the right side),

I did find one of the non-metal push into the body type which are substantially harder to remove. It was in rear section towards the top and slid into a plastic tab on the panel itself. If you can't remove the panel and things are loose, try to move the panel in an upward motion.

Additionally when you go to re-insert the panels, pay special attention to the front portion that goes to the rear seat/door. This is your fully removed result:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.