Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the rear roof spoilers that are on ebay? I am interested in one but am nervous about paint match. They seem cheap enough but I am nervous they are to good to be true. Also is the paint code listed on the sticker in the door seem after the "EXT PT" and just under the bar code? If so mine is a T9 and on one of the listings states that code is for a green color, mine is Black Pearl. I know if it's on ebay it must be true.LOL I just don't want to order a green spoiler for my pretty black truck. Thanks, Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
mville656 said:
Has anyone tried the rear roof spoilers that are on ebay? I am interested in one but am nervous about paint match. They seem cheap enough but I am nervous they are to good to be true. Also is the paint code listed on the sticker in the door seem after the "EXT PT" and just under the bar code? If so mine is a T9 and on one of the listings states that code is for a green color, mine is Black Pearl. I know if it's on ebay it must be true.LOL I just don't want to order a green spoiler for my pretty black truck. Thanks, Mike
Why not? :confused:

A green spoiler would set off the exterior paint treatment nicely, don't you think?
:tease:

Do a search on spoilers, this has been talked about before. Seems the place Dasha and Colleen got their spoilers was a little more expensive, but I would be inclined to trust a known retailer more than just some eBay person. That's just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Have not attempted ,to source an ebay rear roof spoiler as yet. If i ever decide on a spoiler, it would be ordered via my service tech. But not for the time being.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
jonas1022 said:
mville656 said:
Has anyone tried the rear roof spoilers that are on ebay? I am interested in one but am nervous about paint match. They seem cheap enough but I am nervous they are to good to be true. Also is the paint code listed on the sticker in the door seem after the "EXT PT" and just under the bar code? If so mine is a T9 and on one of the listings states that code is for a green color, mine is Black Pearl. I know if it's on ebay it must be true.LOL I just don't want to order a green spoiler for my pretty black truck. Thanks, Mike
Why not? :confused:

A green spoiler would set off the exterior paint treatment nicely, don't you think?
:tease:
Paint it red and stick a red stripe down the side too. A-Team all the way........... :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
jonas1022 said:
mville656 said:
Has anyone tried the rear roof spoilers that are on ebay? I am interested in one but am nervous about paint match. They seem cheap enough but I am nervous they are to good to be true. Also is the paint code listed on the sticker in the door seem after the "EXT PT" and just under the bar code? If so mine is a T9 and on one of the listings states that code is for a green color, mine is Black Pearl. I know if it's on ebay it must be true.LOL I just don't want to order a green spoiler for my pretty black truck. Thanks, Mike
Why not? :confused:

A green spoiler would set off the exterior paint treatment nicely, don't you think?
:tease:
Paint it red and stick a red stripe down the side too. A-Team all the way........... :lol:
OOOoooo! you da man BC!

How about you play Mr. T to my Face? :bag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick update for those of you who have considered this. I bit the bullet and ordered from the Ebay seller above. So far everything looks good. I got it this morning and installed it tonight. Fit was not perfect, but color match looks right on. I will try to post pics this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Same here. I purchased from the ebay seller in my post above and very happy with the product. Color is right on and attaches to the escape securely (had to drill 2 holes in the hatch).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
mville656 said:
Fit was not perfect, but color match looks right on. I will try to post pics this weekend.
What was the fitting problem? I was considering it, but worried about the paint. Does it have a good shine to it? Really looking forward to the pics....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top