Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these (aftermarket) to keep the kiddies happy? We had and OEM one in our Odyssey and it definately helped with the runs to disney, etc. Looking for advice on any that fit properly - overhead or headrest model - but I do have a sunroof. I would also consider just a portable clamp-on one as well but some don't fit properly depending on headrest design - just looking for experiences and opinions. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Oh heck ya!! On long trips they are a god send. That and I-pods. I found a couple on E-bay. Most are direct replacement for the head rest

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brand / Model? I just read a lot of disaster stories on the Best Buy / Canadian Tire / Walmart websites for the portable ones. A car audio guy around here (Toronto area) can do the headrest ones on your OE headrests - Sony, not some Chinese no name - for about $600 which seems pretty reasonable.

The Honda OE one was made by Alpine and performed well, but I have a friend with an Advent one in his Caravan - installed aftermarket and supposedly made by Alpine - that has given him a heck of a headache.

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is from the orginal hybrid moderator on this site:

He installed this himself but he had a background as a former mobile audio shop and mechanic owner. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts