Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2007 escape hybrid that has damage on the rear passenger side, pretty significant but the car drives straight and gets that hybrid gas mileage so I am trying to get her rolling as best as I can. I took the car to a wheel alignment place to have a 4 wheel alignment, and they said they couldnt do the rear?

I went through a set of used tires under 1k miles because it looks like from the printout the alignment place that the toe of the rear wheels is off. left wheel +1.37° and right wheel -0.93°

the camber is in spec

now i see this product online:' Rear alignment toe adjuster" https://www.carid.com/moog/rear-alignme ... l=14106288

but I have no idea how it is applied or used - typical google/youtube searches yield me nothing on how to install and use...

is this something that would help my situation? confused how/why the shop said they couldnt adjust it when it just takes a simple bolt kit?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you ever get more info' on this?
(still rollin'?)

I have an '08 AWD Mariner, 184 K; no accident, but I need to replace both front ball joints/control arms, then get an alignment...my first AWD, and still new to the E/T/M platform, trying to learn more about it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The escape uses a an adjustable toe bolt in the rear which will give you a little bit of adjustment. Usually shops don't see this an won't correct it. Usually the bolts are seized and requires a couple hours of PB blaster to sit on it and heating it up with a torch and quickly getting the nut off. Moog makes a replacement bolt, similar to a camber bolt, which gives you +/- 2.0 degrees on adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts