Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I think u would be better off just running a power wire to the battery or a constant source in fuse panel,like cig lighter..

Most wire it to the reverse lights,but sounds like u want it on all the time..So get a roll of red wire and run it to the front..

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
On mine my HU displays the image.I have it wired to the reverse lights so it comes on when i put it in reverse.No need to press a button or anything,i like it this way,it comes on automatically when i backing up.. :thumb:

Also mine plays videos and dvd's..And for safety they have a light green wire your suposed to hook up to the parking brake so you can't watch a movie while driving and parking brake must be on..

But i am going to bypass this either to a toggle or a relay so anyone can watch music videos or a movie while on a long trip and not have to have parking brake on... :thumb:

On my pics i have the camera attached to my license plate cover for now.I didn't want best buy to drill holes in my hatch so i told him to do it this way for now til i figure out how/where i want it.

Plate cover only $5.00...Hatch big bucks..

So once weather warms up i am putting the camera higher up more under the lip near the release handles.I want mine centered,unlike the other member who has his off to the right side and drilled a hole in his hatch to hide his camera..

So once i do this my pictures post will be updated with the new camera location along with night and day views of my camera..This thing is great at night,it's soo clear and bright,no issues at night at all... :peace:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
+ 2 on the grounding. I will coness on my Durango to having the Parking Brake wire grounded, The book says ground to parking brake but I grounded to the frame underneath the instrument panel. I had the ability to watch DVD movies while driving although I can honestly say I DID NOT. I didnt even watch the movies, I just put in one movie to see how it worked but beyond that I only used music CD's and not even much of them once I discovered moving the music to my USB. My Back up Camera wire was spliced into the Reverse lights to only come on when in reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts