Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies n' gents,

I recently purchased a 08 ford escape limited and have noticed my rear washer nozzle is not spraying, I can hear the pump going and fluid moving (kinda like someone sucking fluid up a tube and trickling noises) and recently fluid came thru the inside roof (where the hook is in the centre near the rear windshield) and dripped down onto my cargo mat. The nozzle doesn't appear to be clogged, could there be a crack in a hose somewhere? Anyone have this problem?? Any insight would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wow that is a tedious fix but a fix none the less. Your right again, a crack in the hose. You have to get under the ceiling covering as that where the hose for the rear nozzle is. Examine and make your adjustmens accordingly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oskerb said:
Wow that is a tedious fix but a fix none the less. Your right again, a crack in the hose. You have to get under the ceiling covering as that where the hose for the rear nozzle is. Examine and make your adjustmens accordingly
Arg! Could you tell me where approximately I would have to dismantle the roof liner and where I should be looking? I'm not sure if this would be worth having the dealer fix if it's something that may or may not be a quick and easy fix.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds to me like the previous owner really abused this vehicle! Either that, or you just happened to pick a lemon. What a shame that a fairly new vehicle has that many problems. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
As for the washer leak in your roof, I'm afraid the headliner has to be taken down and the hose replaced. Having said that, perhaps the hose has come off the plastic connector that's nearest the rear hatch. then it's just a matter of reconnecting it. Nevertheless, to be absolutely sure, remove the headliner and do a thorough inspection. It will save you much grief and money in the long run. Let us know how it turns out. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a Mazda that would exhibit the same symptoms except for the leakage. In my case, there must have been enough water in the line that it was actually frozen. I'd leave it in the sun till it would warm up enough and then cycle through fresh washer fluid and then I was good for the rest of the winter. Unfortunately the leakage you found is not an encouraging sign.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Preferably, you'll want to remove that headliner inside a large garage. I believe it's one piece and an unexpected gust of wind and.....I can't even begin to predict the number of different things that can happen.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Four_eyes just made an excellent point. Replacement cost of the mangled roof liner is probably a big $$$ deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed! Removed the back 3 trim clips and hooks, and pulled down the headliner just a bit enough to see the stupidest setup! The hose that attaches to your rear nozzle comes into the headliner and attaches to another hose that, i'm assuming, runs from the front of your vehicle to your rear nozzle hose. Why did they not make it one complete hose to the rear? So to fix the issue, stick the hose back into the coupling that holds these two hoses together, no clamps no tape, no sturdy grasp that's forsure, the hose just kinda clicked back into place. How this came apart is unknown, i'm thinking the only way it could have happened was the previous owner put something into the cargo area and hit the headliner in the exact spot the hoses connect and thus detaching the hose from the coupling. Meanwhile each time i tried using the rear washer all the fluid was coming out into the headliner and out the mouldings and trim clips.
Problems like this could cause a lot of electrical problems with dome lights and damage to the headliner. I'm pretty frustrated that was happening.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ezcoppie said:
Fixed! Removed the back 3 trim clips and hooks, and pulled down the headliner just a bit enough to see the stupidest setup! The hose that attaches to your rear nozzle comes into the headliner and attaches to another hose that, I'm assuming, runs from the front of your vehicle to your rear nozzle hose. Why did they not make it one complete hose to the rear? So to fix the issue, stick the hose back into the coupling that holds these two hoses together, no clamps no tape, no sturdy grasp that's for sure, the hose just kinda clicked back into place. How this came apart is unknown, I'm thinking the only way it could have happened was the previous owner put something into the cargo area and hit the headliner in the exact spot the hoses connect and thus detaching the hose from the coupling. Meanwhile each time i tried using the rear washer all the fluid was coming out into the headliner and out the moldings and trim clips.
Problems like this could cause a lot of electrical problems with dome lights and damage to the headliner. I'm pretty frustrated that was happening.
I seem to remember saying something like.............".....perhaps the hose has come off the plastic connector that's nearest the rear hatch. then it's just a matter of reconnecting it." ;)

Anyway, glad ya got it fixed. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.