Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I didn't know what to call it, so in the title I tried to explain it the best I could. The black backings on the rear windshield where the windows shafts bolt through the window have a little paint chipped off and a bit of rust. I could hit it with a bit of paint, but for fear of making it LOOK dumb, I've held off on doing that. Any ideas, or maybe plastic covers that can go over them to not even see it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sand it, tape it off, and spray it. You try to cover it (unlikely youll fond one) and itll probably rust even more.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
mrmartin86 said:
Okay, I'll try that out. I just hate taping off round things, haha. Thanks for the help!
Is it difficult to remove? I took the center one out that holds on the wiper motor cover, it came right out, just put a little silicone sealant around it when you put it back in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I actually just did this a couple weeks ago. I used black engine paint, only because that's all I had handy. It came out looking great. Problem is, now everything else looks worse because that looks new. Lotta painting to do. Taping it off sucked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.