Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 escape limited---61,000 miles
i replaced my rear windshield wiper because it was not cleaning the back window properly. it was torn so it did need replaced. it doesnt seem to be contacting the window completely (the center part is not contacting), has anyone had the rear wiper arm go bad? maybe the spring is weak? cant find this part online, but am sure the dealer will b able to get it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
This is/was a well documented problem, esp on the "other" forum.

Mine does the same, apparently it's to dp with the curvature of the rear window being to acute for most wiper blades to cope with, apart from the OE ones from Ford.

Maybe somebody else has found a way round the problem :shrug:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i should have went to the dealer for the rear blade. at least i dont have to replace the wiper arm. i tried to sign up for the "other" site and have had no luck, it logs me in but cant post anything, i even emailed the site and hav had no response...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
mr hammond said:
thanks, i should have went to the dealer for the rear blade. at least i dont have to replace the wiper arm. i tried to sign up for the "other" site and have had no luck, it logs me in but cant post anything, i even emailed the site and hav had no response...
Good luck with that, I bet I've been in moderation queue for oh, 6 months maybe? I sent more than a few polite emails asking for assistance. All in all I tried to get on there for well over a year I think.

:topic:

I just replaced my rear wiper motor, arm, and blade, and I have a similar issue. I bent the arm just a little in to see if that helps, but so far it's not bothering me. The wiper is getting a full swipe just isn't tight to the windshield.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, guess i need to play with the arm a little n see if i can get full contact.... that just sounds bad.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Keep the hinged section lubricated with WD-40. Do this fairly often, especially if your liftgate get dirty often. That dirt also ends up in the arm's hinge.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do, i hope a little bend does the trick

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
One more thing, may not be important but it bothered me some on mine.

I noticed the little sliding key that holds the arm on the motor head has to go in good before it drops down like it is supposed to. (Like you even need that key as tight as that fitting is.) Anyway I think if that sliding key doesn't go all the way down it can cause issues with the arm not pressing down.

My old arm had a smoother working key, but my new one not so much. I'm not very happy with it but it's working so I'm going to leave it alone and see how it works in the rain as opposed to me spraying a garden hose before I mess with it any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts