Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear shock is leaking on my 04 escape. What would be a good replacement. It's just a daily driver so I don't need anything crazy. I will be changing out all the shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
If you just want the basic for an everyday driver I recommend staying with Motorcraft...you know they will work and will do the job just fine. If you were wanting to lift/lower it then I would go with BDS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks or the reply. I will not be doing any sort of lifting or lowering, however I do know bds has horrible quality parts. I have a lifted wrangler and always stayed clear from bds.

What is a good place to order shocks?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Buy a pair of Gabriel Ultra Ryder HPG (High Pressure Gas) shocks...if they are still available. I put those on my 78 Mercury Zephyr I had (Mustang GT shocks actually), combined with their shocks for the front too...They made the ride a little bit more harsh than OEM, but the car rode flatter around corners, as well as didn't move much if you leaned on the bumpers while it was parked. This would be beneficial for your truck, to make the rear end stronger for load-bearing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts