Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scheduled an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation with the dealer. I hit the 10,000 mile mark right on 6 months. Looks like I will have no problem reaching my estimated 20k/year... In any case I made an appointment for 7am at the dealer. Basically the first "job set" of the day. I pull it in and they bring it over to the Quick Lane area. It is a separate area of the dealership, which is HUGE, and they do just oil changes and tire rotations in this area. The main service handles all other stuff. I was in at 7:01 and driving away at 7:29. What? Are you kidding me? I thought they only did the tires at first but the tech said it was all set. Then I realized that the express section is designed to get these jobs in and out fast. I got the same detailed report as I did with the 5k oil change. Everything was checked and I am glad to report that there were NO leaks on the shaft seals.

The best part was it cost me $0.00 as part of the free services that come with the vehicle. I love my dealership. Tasca in Cranston, RI.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's good stuff. I can't even do an oil change in 29 min.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I wish I had a dealer like that in my area...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Nice.

Similar experience... dropped it off for an oil change got the courtesy shuttle to work. Just sitting down at my desk and they call to tell me it's ready. Should have just stayed. :)
-Witt Lincoln Mercury San Diego.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is at the dealer now for the 5k. I dropped it last night, I start work at 7:00 AM so I don't have time to wait for it.

They gave me the list of scheduled services. The 5k is $50, the 10k is $70. After that, they get crazy. The 15k is about $200 and the 30k is about $400.

They will not see this car after this unless it's for repairs. I do my own oil changes, but I wanted them to have some service record before I bring it to them for repairs in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I know my dealership is not nearly as large as yours, sinistermob, but I'm going to time the oil change at my place when I go in for my 20,000k

·
Registered
574 Posts
Going in for my 12 month service June 1st. Only put 6,000 miles on her, guess I need to make some more road trips out of the city!

Will ask about the 10B15 TSB when I bring her in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts