Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just bought a new Ford Escape 2010 and got it last Wednesday.

I now just noticed a red light directly on top of the temperature gauge. It's not there when I start the car but seems to turn on after a little while. I checked the Owner's Guide and there are no mention of this whatsoever. Also, it does not look like a warning light to me since the red light is not very "focused" and it doesn't look like it should be there at all...like there's no symbol or anything when it lights red, it's just some kind of a dot.

The temperature gauge is very stable; right in the center, between the C and H so I'm almost positive there are no temperature issue with the engine.

Finally, I'd like to add the entire interior lighting is blue so that red light is weird to say the least and it's not even there all the time.

Should I worry about this? The car had 600km on it...

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it's a red coolant light it's indicating low reservoir. A red box with a wavy line in it. The symbol kinda looks like a battery (don't ask how I found out).

Check the level and top off with coolant ot distilled water. Just a few ounces can trigger the sensor. Unless you have a leak, indicated by a very low level, you might not even see that it's low.

Post back,

-Coop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts