Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. sorry to post about this again but I can't find my old post.

So we have established there is a conflict between remote start and mykey.

I remember reading that this can be fixed at the dealer by doing ____________. (something to do with disbling mykey).

I went to my dealer today and noone had any idea what i was talking about.

Can someone post the exact steps the dealer has to take to fix this??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I just got off the phone with the service manager at my dealer. He is the nicest kinda guy!

He had been told by the alarm installer that is just how it operates and they can't do anything about it. I told him a work around had been found and that is was a programing change. He seemed pretty excited about itand was going to bring an Escape off the lot to play with. Apparently he has another customer who is beside themselves over this issue. I offered up my truck to play with. He said to bring it down in an hour...

I not only excited to get this looked at, but am very happy with the response from my dealer.

If anyone does have anymore info I can go in with it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.. So Ford is a little pissed about people bypassing this system and have sent out this notice to all dealers and codesystems.

http://documents.codesystems.com/710627.pdf

Codesystems won't even send me the programming instructions for this unit now.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Sheeesh.

I guess that takes care of that, doesn't it?

:cuss: :rant:

Thanks for finding that!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOO HOO!

I figured it out! Had to hit about two dozen web pages, but my remote start now works as designed.

I want to write a how-to. should I write it here or is there a better place to put it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts