Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on what brands guys?
05 XLT

Being that this is the newest and most stock daily driver, I'm tempted to just go to Ford and have them put in the OEM one so I keep one keyfob, it's always serviceable by the book, the wires are in the right places in the right colors, covered under warranty, etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
find a local directed electronics dealer and get a viper remote start. i've had people who were prestige and code alarm freaks switch over to viper after a quick demo of mine. depending on where ya go, you can expect to pay between 550-650

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Ford has a new one out that I think will fit your car that actually tells you when it is started and what not. The part number is 9G1Z-19G364-A and I found it online for $230. I also saw that I can have it installed by my local dealer for $400 total including equipment and installation.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i got the avital alarm/remote start on my escape a week after purchase.. Best investment.. They are owned by Directed, so are basically the same as the viper with minor differences.. After buying it and having installed paid a total of $675 which isnt bad because it came with the LCD remote which tells you when the car is running,, if a door ot eh hatch is opened, and can also be programmed to do things such as roll down a window with the push of a button.

·
Registered
231 Posts
jshak07 said:
i got the avital alarm/remote start on my escape a week after purchase.. Best investment.. They are owned by Directed, so are basically the same as the viper with minor differences.. After buying it and having installed paid a total of $675 which isnt bad because it came with the LCD remote which tells you when the car is running,, if a door ot eh hatch is opened, and can also be programmed to do things such as roll down a window with the push of a button.
¡si! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While all those features are great, that's not for me. I want the simple factory style remote start that puts nothing extra on my keychain, it just replaces the factory keyfob with another factory looking keyfob with the single extra button.

Basically, I want it to be so stock it appears to be that I ordered it as a factory option. I don't need a lot of fancy extra features, I just want it to keep my factory alarm, have my unlock and lock functions, and just start the car up. I want the wires to be colored and install so cleanly that the next time I have it at the dealer the tech can't even tell it's an aftermarket add-on.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
95PGTTech said:
While all those features are great, that's not for me. I want the simple factory style remote start that puts nothing extra on my keychain, it just replaces the factory keyfob with another factory looking keyfob with the single extra button.

Basically, I want it to be so stock it appears to be that I ordered it as a factory option. I don't need a lot of fancy extra features, I just want it to keep my factory alarm, have my unlock and lock functions, and just start the car up. I want the wires to be colored and install so cleanly that the next time I have it at the dealer the tech can't even tell it's an aftermarket add-on.
So did you order one? Do you already have it? I'm confused :confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think that the need for "factory" look and feel of the keyfob is going to create a narrow list of options leaving you at very high prices. Regardless of what you do, the dealer will likely know that remote start may or may not have been an option, or the remote is not authentic....

·
Registered
311 Posts
The chip contained within the key has to be present for the car to start, so they always take a key and make a copy and install it along with the control box to replicate this system requirement.

·
Registered
267 Posts
make sure if you get it professionally installed they wire the horn to beep when it locks. i always have to check my doors after i lock it because mine isn't wired to do that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Weezy504 said:
...depending on where ya go, you can expect to pay between 550-650
wow, lotta money!

Scooter Scott said:
Ford has a new one out that I think will fit your car ...... for $230. I also saw that I can have it installed by my local dealer for $400 total including equipment and installation.
So did you mix up "equipment" with "accessories" and it's $630 total? or $400 total? either way, dasalotamonea!

Mike50 said:
I got quoted for $245.00 installed. That includes something about making an extra key and putting it in the control box...
SUPER CHEAP! MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT QUOTE IN WRITING! but an extra key doesnt need to be made :stop:

SilverAthlon said:
The chip contained within the key has to be present for the car to start, so they always take a key and make a copy and install it along with the control box to replicate this system requirement.
Nope. If requiring something physical was the case, they would cut the metal off the key, and keep the plastic part to use. And you actually need BOTH keys, not A key.

project Marainer said:
Well now there is moduals that doesn't use a spare key they are thought the code like relearning a key. I have installed a variety of brands and prefer directeds they work great.

Tim
EXACTLY! Althought I hate DEI... where's my DEI module so I can pee on it?

hattrick203 said:
make sure if you get it professionally installed they wire the horn to beep when it locks. i always have to check my doors after i lock it because mine isn't wired to do that
lol, did you wire yours or someone else wire it? just add a relay my friend (PM about it). MacGuyver always kept a relay in his pocket.

95PGTTech said:

I paid $185 for the highest-end CompuStar unit on ebay from a guy who was too scared to install it. Everything was brand new and shrink-wrapped. It has a cool LCD that shows crap on and amazes girls. Yup, but does it do ANYTHING else besides show a fake picture of your car and light up? Yes. The whole point of 2-way remotes is for confirmation/notification. The dude w/ the door locking problem and honking the horn or w/e??? His LCD would say it's NOT locked or is locked. Sometimes someone doesnt shut a door right when you go to the grocery store... LCD notifies you. But the biggest and MOST IMPORTANT thing of is security. What about when you go to your friends house who doesnt live in the nicest apartment complex, you've gotten to lazy to take off your radio faceplate EVER time you get out of your car, then someone breaks in while yall are playing videos games :popcorn: and you cant hear the alarm cuz you had to park on further due to lack of space. My 2-way has a 1-mile range (and ive damn near almost tested it that far) and ive remote started from behind buildings, inside my place, across several parking lots.

But if you insist on simplicity, or live in the Hills, my box came with a simple, small, 4-button, 1-way remote. Lock/Unlock/Remote Start/Trunk Pop.
LoL, pressing the buttons in different combination adds another 10 options though :D

I'm tired of rambling... there's my $20 :shades:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to add it vibrates incase you cant hear it (at parties).

But at the very least, leave the slightly bigger, 2-way LCD remote near the window where you sleep so incase it goes off you can hear it.

OH!, OH!... and install it yourself. It's fun :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.