Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. In a few weeks I might be buying myself a bike (Fully assembled) and I was wondering how I would remove the cargo cover in the hatch? I don't see any clips or screws so I am lost. Also can you guys refresh my memory on how the 60/40 rear seats fold? Thanks, and btw pictures are welcomed. :yes:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well all you have to do is wiggle it out of there. Pull from one side left to right or vise versa and out. The seats well pull the flap that hangs in front of the back seats towards the front. Take out the head rest and fold down seats.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oskerb said:
Well all you have to do is wiggle it out of there. Pull from one side left to right or vise versa and out. The seats well pull the flap that hangs in front of the back seats towards the front. Take out the head rest and fold down seats.
Thanks, I guess the cargo cover is mounted into some kind of track.

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
It's spring loaded, just pull to one side and it will drop out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The seats are the worst design ever. Mine are always hard to pull back up to put them in the normal position. The headrest brackets get caught on a bar in the seat bottom. Much fanageling and cuss words are involved when it comes time for me to put mine back up. Almost not worth it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff M said:
The seats are the worst design ever. Mine are always hard to pull back up to put them in the normal position. The headrest brackets get caught on a bar in the seat bottom. Much fanageling and cuss words are involved when it comes time for me to put mine back up. Almost not worth it.
I saw the folding seats demonstrated by the sales guy and it didn't look that hard, on the other hand he did it and not me. :roll:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It doesn't take anything to flip and fold the seats. The key is making sure the front seats are far enough forward. I am relatively short (5'7"), so that's not a problem for me. We flipped and folded one side yesterday to bring home a new TV. Simple!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Most people don't know that the lower rear seat cushions can be removed as well.

When you lift the lower seat cushion and tilt it forward, just release the yellow tab and slide the rails out. Now you also have room in the rear footwells.

Page 122 in the 2010 owner's manual...

·
Registered
836 Posts
jpark said:
Most people don't know that the lower rear seat cushions can be removed as well.

When you lift the lower seat cushion and tilt it forward, just release the yellow tab and slide the rails out. Now you also have room in the rear footwells.

Page 122 in the 2010 owner's manual...
I'll admit I didn't know that. Until now. I wondered what the yellow tab was for.... :D

Flipping the seats completely flat takes about 30 seconds and is super easy.I love the 60/40 split. I can put my bike inside and leave the small seat up and flip the large one down flat. Now I can leave the 2 headrests in and just remove the lower cushion. Even easier now....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow the more I know thanks, and I removed the cargo cover it was very easy. Went back in just as easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts